Phone numbers and tango lessons Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Phone numbers and tango lessons « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Trish Brewer
Username: Trishb

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Two questions:
Were living in BA for 3 months and arrived 2 wks ago but are having a lot of confusion on how to dial cells phones as well as some landline numbers. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
We have a prepaid phone card that has worked except we dont always understand the prefixes required to reach a number. Cell phones have a 15 then an 8 digit number, but when (what) do we need to precede the 15 with some other numbers. For example, someone wrote a cell phone number like this (XXXX) 15X-XXXXXX , so after the 15 there arent 8 numbers. Maybe they omitted a digit? And how do I dial the parenthasized 4 digits? Were in the San Telmo area if that makes any difference.

2nd question: Private tango lessons. Were are trying to find some but the price seems to keep going up and up and seem outrageous to what were used to paying in the US. I know the qualtiy is probably far superior here, but we have been quoted anywhere from $55 - $90 US$$ and up for an hour. Any recommendations or advice?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 982
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Trish, all the cell numbers from my friends are (15) + 8 digits.

For tango lessons, check this post and see if you can contact any of the teachers listed. Those priced you posted seem a bit high.

(Message edited by admin on February 06, 2007)

Trish Brewer
Username: Trishb

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the info re cell #s. It appears the person omitted a digit when she wrote it down for me. In BA I should just have to dial the 15 and 8 digit # (assuming I have a prepaid phone card). No other prefix like for a certain neighborhood, correct?

And, Im sorry to be dense but when I click on the link for the post it takes me to Scientific American.com.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 983
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pasted the wrong link, my bad. Fixed. Yes, 15 + 8_digits only.

Riyad Anabtawi
Intermediate Member
Username: Riyada

Post Number: 141
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi
To dial to a cell phone in Argentina from outside
011 ( US Int'l code)54(ARG) 9(CELLPHONE Access) 11(BA)Now here you have to omit the first 2 digits which are 15 and dial the rest of the number

SO to dial 155093882
011 54 9 11 5093882

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration