Getting Excellent Cosmetic Surgery in...
Additional surgery information at
Liposuccion
Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Getting Excellent Cosmetic Surgery in Buenos Aires « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Jones
Username: Surgeryargentina

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I adore Argentina & Buenos Aires. I return time & time again. The two more common cosmetic surgery procedures with more than usual complications are tummy tuck & breast augementation. The true problem is in returning home with complications unresolved or developing. No doctor or surgeon wants to touch complications caused by another surgeon. I don't need to write 30 lines of dialogue to convince others I know what I am talking about. Cosmetic surgery insiders do get kickbacks under the table in addition to requesting donations for charities. If someone outside of the surgeons personal office staff refers you, most oftern the price you get quoted (by the person referring you or the surgeon) includes a fee going to the person who refered you to the surgeon. There are several brilliant cosmetic surgeons in Buenos Aires that do exceptional work. Obtaining their names doesn't involve making donations to charity or utilizing medical tourism. Ask the person giving you cosmetic surgery information "what is their medical education & where did they obtain their cosmetic surgery qualifications?" Having had a procedure and knowing others are not qualifications for years of education & experience in the profession. "Do your homework & trust your instincts." Most surgeons can recommend a private nurse to assist your recovery. Hotel concerieges are great sources for} information. But do remember these lovely people do rely upon tips...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 970
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

So how does a foreigner get 'excellent cosmetic surgery in BA'?

Do you have any personal experience you can share with us, including names of doctors and hospitals? If you are unwilling or can't provide facts your post helps little.

> Hotel concierges
No disrepect, but I can't take this seriously. What would make them have expert knowledge about such complex matter? Word of mouth from accidental bypassers? Can you also include in this category taxi drivers who talk to all their passengers? Or the Kiosk person at the corner of a hospital who may overhear certain names again and again? User satisfaction in this arena is not as instantaneous as when buying a new pair of shoes at the concierge's favorite shoe store. Years later, by the time the surgery has passed the test of time -or not-, that concierge may be 6 feet under. What could she/he possibly know?

Someone who wants unselfish advice must spend a decent amount of time going through many references. Perhaps, making a first contact with one qualified physician, then another one and another one until certain names come up consistently. This exchange of information doesn't have to take place in person. It can be done by email, telephone or fax. But it does require planning and time.

There are many here in this forum who have had contact with outstanding practitioners. Asking for personal favors to see who can provide a few "initial contacts" in the areas of interest, then, trying again and one more time until enough knowledge has been accumulated for a good gut-reaction is -for me- a better alternative.

I am of the idea that a "qualified" practitioner can only be recommended by a doctor or someone within the medical community that you already trust.

(Message edited by admin on January 25, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration