Maternity care Buenos Aires Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Maternity care Buenos Aires « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

movingtoargentina.typepad.com
Username: Sapphos

Post Number: 66
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto, not sure if you'll want to do this under another thread or leave as is. Couldn't find a place for it.

Our daughter Caitlyn was just born on December 26th at Sanatorio Mater Dei in Palermo by planned cesarian section.

Everything went fabulous and I can't speak highly enough about the medical care she and I received throughout the entire pregnancy as well as the surgery and the after care. The hospital was top notch, my OB was top notch and is used by many expats and locals, the neo-natology staff was fabulous too, and the nursing staff was very good especially since they had to deal with a foreigner (in pain) with different requests and who struggled to communicate in not fluent spanish!

Our Medicus plan covered every single cent of the care this year. The only thing I will have to pay for is a couple of vaccines that are not in the planned schedule for infants and are thus either not covered or only partially covered.

We did not choose to cord bank the blood in the end, although there is one company here that will do it but I still have to get the name of them.

Just wanted to share this information.

Happy New Year to all!

Laura
http://movingtoargentina.typepad.com/ebook

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 918
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Laura, congratulations on Caitlyn! And glad to hear all went well.

We can live this thread open as it may lead to more inquiries.

I will be in Buenos Aires in mid February and if you are ready and available by then would like to meet and get some more details, specially on Medicus. We are still undecided whether to have the baby delivered here or in Argentina. I am familiar with Mater Dei and don't have enough good words for them. If you agree please email me how and when to contact you. Will also be looking into places to move, perhaps a house. Thanks.

movingtoargentina.typepad.com
Username: Sapphos

Post Number: 67
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto, no problem, drop me an email at movingtoargentina@gmail.com when you're closer to being here or once you're in town. And let's see if we can get together.

by the way, one of the cord blood is Bio Cells www.biocells.com.ar and another is MaterCell www.matercell.com

Laura

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 920
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Will do and thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration