Financial Information/Publications in... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Financial Information/Publications in Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arial
Username: Arial

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Are there any good financial publications in Argentina that go into detail about the economy in the country? Publications similar to the Wall Street Journal, Investors Business Daily, The Economist or even private-type newsletters? Spanish language is okay. Arial

Bill Howard
Username: Veritas01

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The daily newpapers like Clarin in Spanish and The Buenos Aires Herald in English have financial pages with stock quotes, currency quotes and other basic indicators. Not sure if you access all that info online. I have tried to find a source of inflation data. My biggest fear of moving to Argentina in retirement is inflation. I am about 5 years away from retirement and I fear the cost of living will increase to the point of being prohibitively expensive.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 817
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ambito Financiero
Infobae It has a section for finance and commerce.

For a broader view and reading different sides add:
Pagina 12

And the Sunday economic supplements from La Nacion and El Clarin.

The above should give you a good overview...

A reminder: capital markets in Argentina pale in comparison to foreign bursars so don't expect anything like IBD or WSJ. It will be more like a general state of the economy with emphasis placed on grain and cattle activity.

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 258

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Bill and welcome
Of course infaltion is a fact of life but Argentina's is no more prohibitive than elsewhere. If you are from the US the advantage is you will be drawing US retirement with Argentine cost of living which continues to be about one third of that of the US. Buenos Aires, the city, should be compared to New York for costs of housing. It is not enexpensive compared to some parts of the US but it is certainly lower than US big city costs.
Outside the city I recommend a small town where the cost of housing is much less. You still hear stories about 10 and 12 thousand dollar homes for sale.
But the price is on the rise. Even so it will not on its own reach the US cost of living.
Argentina is a safe and good place to retire for Amrericans and I believe will continue to be so.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration