What to do in Buenos Aires Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Outdoor Activities » What to do in Buenos Aires « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello, My name is Tom. I will be traveling in Buenos Aires the fourth through the seventh of this upcoming Feb.. I am curious to what should be done in the two days we will have there. I am extremely interested in nature (kayaking, hiking, canoeing, etc), but would also like to see the historical aspects of the city. Thanks for any assistance you could offer.
Tom W.

Roberto (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, I am afraid that Buenos Aires is more of a city than a place where you could engage in outdoor activities as the ones you described. For canoeing, kayaking and hiking there are better destinations than BA. In particular, Mendoza offers many of these. Cordoba may be suitable for mild hiking.

In order to sweat a lil' while you are here you should consider visiting areas away from the city limits, such as Sierra de la Ventana, still within the state of Buenos Aires but several hundred miles away. Problem is you may not have enough time. Most city dwellers get their dose of outdoors in parks, clubs and ranches. There are really no outdoor places for hiking/canoeing close to the city, only some water sports in Tigre (25 miles from downtown).

On the other hand, Buenos Aires does offer many choices to those looking for a more cultural trip. There are many museums here plus the history of the development of BA is something unto itself. You will pick up this while here, through 'tango', 'gauchos', 'milongas' and asados. Anyway, hope this helps. Feel free to ask.

Santiago Bengolea
Username: Santiagov

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto:

Tigre city is 25 Kms. from dowtown, or 14 miles. There are interesting proposals for both Kayac and canoeing same as fishing. Delta islands boat tours that include rowing in shallow water courses, birdwatching and island walks.Its also posible to visit Hotels in the islands as Los Pecanes / Caba˝as Delta or upscaled La Pascuala Delta lodge among others.
As you know I offer a proposal ( Barbacharters) that might appeal mostly to nature lovers and fishermen. If interested visitors may gather for moe info. in www.barbacharters.com.ar

Saludos

Santi

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 224
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Santi, is always good to have an expert on board :-)

Feel free to expound at your leisure and thank you!

Santiago Bengolea
Username: Santiagov

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well... Tom has only 4 days to visit BA, I guess you have to be a real fan of outdoors as BA needs in my opinion a minimum stay of 5 days to get a good grasp of the city ( and with a lot of walking time) ... I usually recommend minimun 7 days for BA with 2 for outdoors.( The outdoors I would surely recommend are a) Estancias ( Tons. of good ones), Tigre Delta (canned tour) or Tigre and Delta Islands by private boat tours ( somehow expensive), Colonia in Uruguay and maybe Martin Garcia Island (very interesting if bird watcher and history oriented) .

Regarding historics aspects of the city , I would surely hire walking tour as the ones offered by Eternautas or Robert Whright┤s in depth walking tours( among others). This kind of tour pay for itself , specially for first timers.

Finally the BA Zoo if fun same as Temaiken in Pilar (40 minutes ride by cab)

Tom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

Tom Woodson
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 19

Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hola Tom
When are you going down to Argentina?

Hasta Luego
Tom

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration