Buenos Aires in August/September Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Tours and Attractions » Buenos Aires in August/September « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

spa
Username: Spachick

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I will be in BsAs for 1 month. From Aug 22 to Sept 20.
Are there any festivals going on at that time?
For part of the trip, I will be traveling solo. I am not the type to frequent bars so are there any fun events locally that I could do in the evenings?
Gracias!

MIchael Calero
Intermediate Member
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 111
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Spa for asking since I too will be there but slightly longer, and it would be wonderful to know about any special festivals during that time this year.

Bob Frassinetti
Username: Frassinetti

Post Number: 73

Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Great time for events, we will be going into Spring, so we go having plenty of Events and Celebrations on the Calendar, one that you will be sure of is the one on the last Friday of August, is called Gallery Nights, starts from 7 o’clock and Art Galleries are open, but not sure what neighborhood will be centered on …….. shows on the street, etc, but, you will need to wait till the end of July or the beginning of August to get the exact days and places for all our Cultural Events going on in Buenos Aires,……

Meantime, ...............

Read daily Up Dates on Art and Antiques for Buenos Aires, Argentina http://www.frassinetti.biz
Argentina also exports antiques over 100 years old with the help of Bob Frassinetti Read all about the South of South America, Argentina, Chile and Uruguay on this link.

Updated and new web site, The Buenos Aires Toy Museum, Argentina www.the-ba-toymuseum.com

Chat some more soon, ................................ Bob Frassinetti.

Bob Frassinetti

Post Number: 74

Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And yes, every Sunday you have the Flea Market and Fair of San Telmo, Plaza Dorego and all along Defensa Street, Buenos Aires most named Street for the traveler, starting jus off Plaza de Mayo and all along till you arrive to the Avenida San Juan, this street is full of venders of art, handmade items from artisans, to musicians playing Tango or Jazz, Brazilian bands, to one Man bands and street artist,……. It’s fun from around 10 in the morning till the sun sets,………… the longer the day last, the warmer it is the more people go,……..

http://www.frassinetti.biz

Francis G Mandarano
Username: Fgm009

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bob you seem to know a lot about things to do in BA.
I am bring a group of 24 Ferrari Car Guys down in Nov and could use some tips and contacts.
I have been to BA last year in Jan and Feb for 7 weeks, so I know a little but could use a good Tour guide for the group and a 24 seat bus for 7 or 8 days. We will go to Parana near Rosario for two days to see some great Car Guys. Do you know of any Car Museums in BA. I have friends at the Fangio Museum but it is to far to go this time.
Thanks to all of you for your advice.
Ciao,
Franco

Michelle Alison
Username: Michellealison

Post Number: 44
Posted on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Franco,

I have an English friend in Buenos Aires who owns new Mercedes mini buses. If you would like to contact him, let me know and I will send you a contact e-mail address by pm.

Chau

Michelle

Francis G Mandarano
Username: Fgm009

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Michael,
Yes please send me his contact information to frank@carguytour.com
Thank you very much.
Ciao,
Franco

Bob Frassinetti

Post Number: 75

Posted on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Franco,

Yes, Buenos Aires has a Car Museum at http://www.museodelautomovil.org.ar/index2.htm you can check out with them direct for your group. As to me I am mentioned in Lonely Planet Guide book both for Buenos Aires and the one on Argentina,…… I also deal with Art and Antiques to Collectibles, and hunting the country for vintage and old toys to the cars and steam engines. It’s fun travelling in all Argentina,…. In Rosario you also have a new Train Museum, well worth a trip, and don’t forget Car Lovers also enjoy sometimes seeing other old machines, here in Bs As we have many a car Club, trademarks all from A to Z, it might be worthwhile asking what other cars or engines or even antiques and collectibles your group might like to visit……..

Meantime, ...............

Read daily Up Dates on Art and Antiques for Buenos Aires, Argentina http://www.frassinetti.biz
Argentina also exports antiques over 100 years old with the help of Bob Frassinetti Read all about the South of South America, Argentina, Chile and Uruguay on this link.

Updated and new web site, The Buenos Aires Toy Museum, Argentina http://www.the-ba-toymuseum.com

Chat some more soon, ................................ Bob Frassinetti.

(Message edited by admin on July 06, 2009)

Michelle Alison
Username: Michellealison

Post Number: 45
Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Franco,

Have sent you the contact e-mails by pm - I suggest you delete your personal e-mail address from your post - you wouldn't want to get spammed!

Chau

Michelle

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration