Tango trip---NEED HELP!! Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Tours and Attractions » Tango trip---NEED HELP!! « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

julia smith
Username: Julia

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all Argentina fans,

I plan to go to Buenos Aires for an extended trip in Feb/March 2009, for a month, my main purpose is tango. I've checked out some of the trips and they are really $$$! There are also tango houses that have great rates, but I don't feel like going without knowing anyone.

Any ideas about joining a group in Buenos Aires? Ideally I would rent a place in an interesting area, Palermo?, take tango lessons, go to milongas, etc, travel a bit too...

Julia

larry Rogers
Username: Larryr30

Post Number: 87
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Julia,
Welcome to the forum and I hope that you find all information required.

If you shoot me a private message we can talk just a bit more in all respects of your trip. I run a house that, in all honesty, is designed for Tango Dancers, Singers of all levels and agaes. The house is actually owned by a Professional Tango Dancer. He gives lessons in the house, so that would be convenient for you and he/we could show you around town and the Tango scene here in Buenos Aires. Just shoot me a private message and I will send you a link to the house etc.and let you know alittle more. Good luck on your search....O´yeah, if your coming to dance Tango I would look into finding a Place in San Telmo, San Cristoba, Almargo! Areas that you don´t have to hike too, or spend alot of money on taxis to get too!

larry Rogers
Username: Larryr30

Post Number: 88
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 6:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, it should be ¨San Cristobal¨, on the otherside of San Telmo!

Living in Patagonia
Username: Soulskier

Post Number: 83
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The World Tango Summit is going to be in Bariloche March 5-14 if you are interested.

Michelle Alison
Username: Michellealison

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you are looking for tango, I would recommend Almargo/Abasto - this is the original tango area with loads of tango shops, shows, milongas etc. I always stay in the same boutique hotel, one block from everything, which can also provide lessons.

carol love
Username: Clove7524

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, June 07, 2009 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Where is a good place to learn Argentinean Tango, also watch a show (not 100% touristy) and what about visiting a milonga that is not just old people falling all over one another?

carol love
Username: Clove7524

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, June 07, 2009 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Looking for cooking lessons in English. Mendoza or BA? Feb. Any ideas? Hands-on only. FLexible.

webdesign456.blogspot.com
Username: Viviana456

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, June 07, 2009 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

TangoZen: Walkind Dance Meditation
Meditation in Motion

TangoZen is Walking Meditation, which is based on zen principles and basic tango movements. TangoZen is known to help establish balance, calmness, groundedness, centering, and harmony in mind and body.

TangoZen: Pursuing Traditional Tango Beyond Steps
For decades dancers have discovered that learning to enjoy dancing requires not only physical but also mental disciplines. TangoZen is to advocate and promote the traditional tango with the aid of Zen, which teaches us to devote 100% of our physical and mental attention to what we are doing Here Now.

http://tangozen.com/index_en.html

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration