Mendoza wine tours Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Tours and Attractions » Mendoza wine tours « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rafalow
Username: Rafalow

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Any recommendations for how to get from winery to winery w/o a car? Also, where are some good places to stay in either San Juan or Mendoza?

Are there ways to contact the wineries to see if they have cooking classes?

thanks, Lee

WTMendoza.com
Username: Welcometomendoza

Post Number: 90

Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Rafalow, I reccomend you use a wine tour company so you can fully enjoy the experience...like GrapeVine Wine Tours or Trout and Wine wine tours

One of the latest crazes is biking from winery to winery but boy thats sounds risky lol

ROSEMARY TAIT
Username: Romeytait

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We're also going to Mendoza and are looking for a clean comfortable place to stay with two rooms for three people. We won't have a car and want to visit the historical sites as well as some of the wineries. We expect to stay in Mendoza for about 3 or 4 days then go on to Cordoba where we also will be looking for rooms. We don't want to be there during the wine festival.
Recommendations?
Thanks, Romey

WTMendoza.com
Username: Welcometomendoza

Post Number: 91

Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Rosemary I reccomend checking through www.mendoza.com.ar for the best room fidning experience plus they have cool getaway/adventure/relax packages to areas around here also.

On the historical, you are thinking just downtown, or other parts of upper Mendoza and other parts of Mendoza province also, like San Rafael?

Just "upper Mendoza" alone is full of interesting historical things and areas to visit but San Rafael has a few also, not to mention Marlargue and the various Andes mountain areas in the province....and that high altitude rock road Andes crossing in nearby San Juan province that also goes to Chile....

Upper Mendoza meaning Mendoza, city, burbs, outlying rural and vineyards within 30km, and Uco Valley and the nearby mountain communities within 1 to 3 hours of Mendoza City - cheers

ROSEMARY TAIT
Username: Romeytait

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Since our stay is to be short, I think we'll limit ourselves to Upper Mendoza on this trip. But we will certainly consider another trip which will make Mendoza province a main location for a much longer stay. Thanks for the website www.mendoza.com. There's tons on information there and, although, my Spanish is sparse I can deal with much of what is necessary to know.
We will probably be there in mid-March. What sort of temperatures will we expect? What is the difference between "pleno centro" and "micro centro" as far as location is concerned?

Richard Graham
Username: Richg

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I hear good reports from Sean's recommendations of the Grapevine and "trout and wine" tours. If you just want a sample of what Mendoza has to offer either doing the bikes and wines is the fun option. It depends on your budget and interest in wine.

I personally would make my own way there and splash out on the premium stuff at the tastings. For example Altavista will show 3 wines on top of their standard tastings for 20 pesos. There are buses to the areas but you can hire a driver for the day for a reasonable amount. (I will check the current prices).

There are some lovely wineries close to the city. A leisurely/inebriated day could include the morning at Altavista, lunch at Zucchardi, then sampling the wonderful, well priced Tamari wines followed by Catena and its Aztec style bodega.

In the city a trip to the Vines of Mendoza is worthwhile, they offer a range of tastings from boutique wineries around the region. Also on a Monday evening the Marcelino wine store runs a premium wine tasting, 80 pesos per person.

Lee, I have a faint recollection of a wine/cookery course I will look into it.

Feel free to ask for further info.

Leandro
Username: Leandro

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello, the difference between heart and the cable is practically the same and some use a term other another. Pleno centro refers to this known on the streets more and more traffic Mendoza, while the microcentro to the streets surrounding the heart. The difference is minimal are some cudras. I have an apartment in lavalle street between San Martin and San Juan in the heart, for rent on a temporary basis if you have not rented and you decide not hesitate to write me or call me.

Phone :54-261-4203635
Cell: 54-9-261-5863923
leandor.vdv@gmail.com

richard cooperman
Username: Eroica38

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rosemary,

i just got back from a brief, but lovely swing through Mendoza. We stayed at Club Tapiz - a lovely place south of Mendoza with GREAT wine - and visited several wineries near the Maipu area. Of particular interest were Tapiz - very nice wines, Carinae - small and traditional style, Ruca Malen -big, great lunch and Melipal - new w/excellent wine, fine hospitality.

Enjoy

JJ Polk
Username: Luversroc

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My fiancee and I are looking to honeymoon in Argentina and are looking to visit the Mendoza region and spend about three nights in Mendoza. Ideally we would like to stay at a Bodega/vineyard, however, I am having a difficult time finding information on the internet on suggested locations. Any recommendations would be helpful.

David
Username: Dave321

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mendoza is Argentina's wine capital, and is a must see for wine lovers. Argentinian wines often get overshadowed by its Chilean counterparts, however, they are often of the same or better quality. While in Mendoza, check out the impressive landscape. If I'm not mistaken, in the surrounding area, you can pass by the Puente del Inca.

nellie Peck
Username: Skiracer

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, October 19, 2009 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello-

My husband and I are planning to spend 3 nights in mendoza at the end of February. We really enjoy bike riding, so we thought this would be a great way to see a bunch of vineyards in a day.

Do you have any recommendations on what area we should try and do this? Are thes vineyards in an area a few miles away or 10-20 miles away? I am just trying to get a sense for whether or not this is feasible.

Any bike rental companies that anyone would recommend?

Thanks a lot,
Nellie

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration