Where is the biggest Clothing Market? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Tours and Attractions » Where is the biggest Clothing Market? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

nancy ramir
Username: Nancy

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am a clothing trader looking to buy clothes from many places. Currently, I visit Chatuchak Weekend Market (http://www.silkzpider.com/destination_guide02.php?guide_id=45&mh1=4) in Bangkok, Thailand and look for similar famous market in Argentina that is well-known for cloth’s wholesalers. Any advice will be very appreciate.

(Message edited by admin on August 01, 2007)

Julieta Durante
Username: Just_ba

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Do you want to buy typical clothes? Or are you looking for a flea market? Or second hand clothes? let me know a bit more and maybe I or someone can help you a bit more.
Cheers!!

Bob Frassinetti
Username: Frassinetti

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Export clothes leather items from handbags to shoes from Argentina ...... Hello Nancy, If you are looking for clothes or for that matter hand bags, leather items or even shoes, and its to export them back to the USA its best to go direct to the manufacturers, this way you buy at “export price” and most are or have done it already, so they will help you along ….. as for design items there are good prices around, I know as I’m helping several ladies to export at this moment …… if you need any details, tips or advice let me know, cheers. Bob Frassinetti

nancy ramir

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Julieta Durante and Bob Frassinetti. I'm looking for a brand new cloth such as clothing for leisure or for work for US ladies. My target customers are aged around 21-35 years old. The design shall be updated with the current fashion. Since I have ever been to Argentina before, I'm preferred to go look around in the famous market and choose the design before contacting the manufacturer for a bulk purchase. Please advice.

Julieta Durante
Username: Just_ba

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well you have two great shopping centers where you will find the top designers in Argentina: Alto Palermo and Unicenter.
Then you have Palermo Soho area (the trendiest neighbourhood of the city) the streets of this neighbourhood is full of boutiques with beautiful clothes!
Hope you find this information useful!!!

Bob Frassinetti
Username: Frassinetti

Post Number: 49
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Nancy,

Then id best to round the malls first, like the one in down town Buenos Aires, Gallerias Pacifica as as well the one in Street Posadas check also either the one in Martinez City called Unicenter……. Here you will find all the top shops our ladies in that range and style buy there clothes, but also check out afterwards the design and fashion neighbourhood of Palermo Soho, for top notch clothes and accessories, in a smaller scale usually is manufacturing but as I suggest start small go learning the tricks and at the same time go helping the manufactures to grow with you.. once you have decided what way you want to go you can email me and sure I can also help ….. also handbags and shoes are great accessories that you should look into at the same time. Some of the top notch manufactures don’t have a representation in the US so if things go well you can work this out as well……. Don’t expect to get free samples some even want you to pay final retailers price! I have seen it all!

Did I mention also shoes and handbags? I know them all ....

Bob Frassinetti

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 427

Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have been to several malls there in Buenos Aires Capitol Federal.

One is just off the intersection of Florida and Lavalle. It is not on the corner but has openings to the mall from both streets. At this intersection it is pedestrine only. The mall has one of the most famous hair stylist in all of south America but I can't remember his name.

Then there is one about 20 blocks from Avenue 9 de Julio on Corrientes. It is a little less upscale, very large and tends to be very busy all the time.

Also there is one not to far from the convention center/US Embassy/agriculture center that is very upscale. They have a lot of cell phone kiosks in that one.

I think the bottom line is there are a whole lot of malls in Buenos Aries.

nancy ramir

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 6:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you very much for your generous. Almost can’t want to get there to check out the places.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration