Most interesting tango shows? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Tours and Attractions » Most interesting tango shows? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

irena begelfor
Username: Sorelli

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 6:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I wonder if someone can recommend some exceptional, memorable tanngo shows?

Thank you!!

Irena

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 872
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like Senor Tango but there are many others. Personally, I love bandoneon shows

Ray Thompson
Username: Raystravel

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Roberto,

Thanks for getting back with me,your info is very informative. My other question is where can I buy, while on vacation in BA, some good leather products such as a coat or bag for a reasonable amount. Also are there any jewelry shops in the area where I might purchase a gold ring reasonably? I'm staying in Recoleta at the Loi suites.
Sincerely,
Ray Thompson

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 898
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ray, I haven't forgotten about this inquiry but some personal stuff has kept me away. Tomorrow, I will post some valuable information.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 901
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ray, there are several leather shops around Suipacha street and Marcelo T.de Alvear. You will find many specializing just in leather "marroquinerias" if you walk towards the pedestrian street of Florida. Last time I was there I noticed at least 2 shops that were mainly 'marroquineros'. One was located off Esmeralda and Marcelo T.de Alvear and the other one was located off Maipu street and Marcelo T. de Alvear cross Florida gallery. And this last one specialized more in Polo garment. There is a very large shop off Florida street as soon as you walk out of Florida gallery. That is off Florida between Marcelo T.de Alvear and Paraguay. I know, this is difficult to picture but if you ask any kiosk (they have been there selling magazines for decades) they will tell you exactly what you need to know. Beware of the guys in the street whispering "leather jackets" "cambio", etc. Routinely, the shops themselves have one of their employees standing outside "advertising" the fact that they could sell you things you may want. Nothing wrong with, except that it may be annoying to some and may make the store look bad.

Although there is always the chance that someone may try to take advantage of your foreign status and charge you a premium, my guess is that leather clothes as well as bags have already been marked up for turists almost everywhere. Here is a little experiment: walk on your own into 3 or 4 shops, ask for prices and review the products. Then, feel free to contact Erna and ask her if she can share where she buys her leather garment and see if her friends can give a better price and better products. Then, you can take note where is the best deal for you.

The only other alternative will be too completely avoid the turisty areas and walk through Corrientes street where the neighborhood "once" is and try to find leather stores there. However, this may also mean dealing with large crowds and employees who may not know english.

I don't know enough about jewelers in Buenos Aires. The area where you will be staying may have many, but they will all be pricey.

Ray Thompson

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Roberto,
I want to thank you for getting back with me. As usual your information is very valuable to me and I want to thank you. I'm printing out your response and I'll take it with me to BA. Thanks again.

Ray Thompson

Ray Thompson

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Roberto,
My last and hopefully my final question. What is your favorite restaurant or steak house in BA? I was told to go to Cabana las Lilas. I like to go to some good restaurants in BA while on vacation and maybe you can give me some suggestions. Thanks.
Sincerely,
Ray Thompson

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 911
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ray, that one is a good restaurant but has been priced for foreigners. I think you can safely avoid it and still get to eat wonderful meals, specially steaks. I do have a few favorites such as "Ligure" on Juncal street. Just a classic and not far from where you will be. But if you walk down through 9 de Julio you will find many good ones like Piegari and others cross the street. I also like:

La Catedra - CERVIŅO 4699 (PALERMO)
Telefono: 4777-4601

AQUELLOS AŅOS
(Costanera)

LA TRANQUERA - AV. FIGUEROA ALCORTA 6464 (Bajo Belgrano)
Telefono: 4784-6119

Look - AV. R. OBLIGADO Y LA PAMPA (COSTANERA NORTE)
Telefono: 4783-1375

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration