Cost of renting Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Cost of renting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

sylvia
Username: Sylvia

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We have been renting a large 4 bed 3 bath house in the Dominican Republic for the last 3 years for US$400 per month plus bills.

Could we find a nice two bed apt. safe and clean somewhere in BA ?

We hope to be in BA around August/September. Would it make a difference in price if we rented for min. 3 months ?

silviaelena
Username: Silviaelena

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

have departments amoblados for two people from u$s 400 per month I have photos to send estan in the best locations of Buenos Aires my mail is: to silviaelena32@yahoo.com.ar

ruggero
Username: Bart

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 1:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't think there will be any significant discount for 3 months, however, there are several websites to check out for furnished apartments, just google "alquiler amoblados buenos aires" and check out the results.

Carmen Stigliano
Username: Carmen

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sylvia,

To rent a house in Buenos Aires -more expensive compared to renting appartments - with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms per US$400 I would say it is almost impossible.

That house here equals the description of a Casa 6 ambientes con dependencias.

1- Comedor
1- Living o sala
4- bedrooms

Dependencia is the place where lives the lady that cleans the house.

movingtoargentina.typepad.com
Username: Sapphos

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sylvia,
I'm not sure where you're going to find a house for US 400 unless it's a neighborhood you really don't want to live in.
There are houses available in the northern suburbs for as little as 700 - 900 per month US but they're hard to find and get snapped up quickly. Also, without a guarantia, you're less likely to find a good deal.

we lucked out on ours and found a big house with a huge yard for 5000 pesos a month, which we prepaid for one year because we didn't have the guarantia. We were looking at a couple of houses that were in the 1000 range but they were gone before we even had time to say yes. In the city, we looked at some houses that were around 1800 per month furnished.

We just finished helping someone find a short term rental house near the school where they will be the new director and they will be paying 1900 per month furnished because it's a short term rental. Had it been a longer term rental it would have been less, but as they have a guarantia from the embassy it was much easier.

I would suggest you try every single agency you can find and try soloduenos.com as well.

good luck,

sylvia
Username: Sylvia

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi... thank you to everyone for this info.

One person called Silvia has sent me many photos of apts. to rent.

We would even look just outside the city of BA maybe ... I think at first it might be a good idea to just rent a place for maybe one month giving us time to look around to see what else maybe available.
After living here in the Dominican Republic for the last four years its given us the foundation to live anywhere!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 494
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

When researching, explore less known neighborhoods such as Villa Crespo or Flores, or any others along Rivadavia street. They are less talked about and less sought after, perhaps not as chic as those that are always in foreigners' mind but you may find splendid, large houses for somewhat less. I think it will make less of a difference for you in terms of location and you may get more bang for your buck.

Take your time. Buenos Aires is *enormous* and many areas are still virgin territories for those coming from abroad. You do not appear to be one looking for the hottest spot in San Isidro.

Eunice Venables
Username: Ojosverde

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 4:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hola mis amigos:

Still looking for a furnished house to rent for the Winter...Nov - April 2007 six months..willing to pay max. per month $1000 Canadian.

Would love to rent in Mendoza.....does anyone have any suggestions..know anyone that could help me to find.

Gracias........

Also...anyone know anything about Chile? Rentals on the beach?
Know of anyone living there and really liking it?

Have a great day.........warm regards, Euni.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration