Looking for a nice homestay near UCA,... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Blog | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Looking for a nice homestay near UCA, any ideas? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dot
Username: Dot

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there!

Next year (from March till July 2011) i will be studying at Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina and am looking for a nice family to live with for my time in Argentina. Does anyone have any ideas or websites i can look at to find a homestay? Or does anyone know of a family near the campus that rents out rooms to international students?

Any help would be appreciated :-)

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2039
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dot, have you checked with the University itself? Most likely they carry a list of possible homes for exchange programs. Another option, check here for room rentals. Even though UCA has buildings spread over the city I believe the main one is in Puerto Madero or nearby. San telmo will be pretty close.

Robert Gisborn
Intermediate Member
Username: Bgisborn

Post Number: 131
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dot, though I never studied in Argentina I have worked and studied in Europe and the US. It is much better to arrange long term living arrangements in the country itself. There are usually hundreds of student living arrangement opportunities on the boards-sometimes walls- of these Universities. I assume you speak Spanish or can at least understand it and read it. It would be best if you made your arrangements there and not from outside the country. But if you want to do that, the classifieds in Clarin-Clarin.com have student shared and unshared offerings. You might need help with the abbreviations but Roberto could help you with these. Remember Buenos Aires is a very big city in a very big country. You really should be there before making decisions like this-for your safety if nothing else.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration