Questions regarding renting in Buenos... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Questions regarding renting in Buenos Aires « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Benji Inwood
Username: Benjiinwood

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 7:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Me and my girlfriend are looking to rent a flat in Buenos Aires, between the 2nd February and 20th July 2011.

I have heard that Villa Crespo is a great, good value place to stay, and that, most crucially, it is not occupied by too many tourists. I was wondering what people thought about this area, and whether there are other areas with similar qualities? Ideally somewhere well priced, not too unsafe and not necessarily in the heart of tourist town!

Any help anyone can offer would be really appreciated.

Benji

Ludwig Schmidt
Username: Ludwig86

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It is true. Villa Crespo is very nice, safe and close to Palermo. Some people consider that it is part of Palermo and call it "Palermo Queens". Another area I would consider is Almagro, aslo very close to Palermo (it is next to Villa Crespo, but closer to downtown).
If you are interested in Spanish classes, you have a good school in the area: Verbum school in 553 Salguero st.
Enjoy your time in Buenos Aires!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1978
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome, Benji! What Ludwig said... It is located south of Palermo soho/ Palermo viejo, close enough to trendy restaurants and some alt. night life. Villa Crespo still has the feel of the old "barrio porteņo". Good value is an appropriate term.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration