Possible to camp while travelling in ... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Possible to camp while travelling in Agentina « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Meiqiong Xiong
Username: Meiqiong

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, we are keen to travel in Agentina between Dec 19 to Jan 3rd. Is this enough or do we need 1 more week to cover:
- Buenos Aires
- El Calafate
- Iguazu
- Bariloche

Also can we camp around while travelling?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1942
Posted on Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, this is possible and can be fun. I have camped many times while traveling to the west and south. Although it now looks like another era.

How are you planing to travel from destination to destination? Best and most effective way to get to Calafate is by plane. So if you fly, you may have enough time. As for camping, magazine stands (kiosks) at any corner in the city will sell a small booklet that details where the camping areas are located and plenty of useful information. Just ask the guy at the stand if they sell any reference book on camping. You may want to buy one as soon as you land.

Meiqiong Xiong
Username: Meiqiong

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto,

That's very helpful! May I ask you another question? It's about flights. We'll be flying from London to Buenos Aires, then Iguazu, El Calafate, Bariloche, and back to Buenos Aires to fly back to London.

Question is: shall I get international flight only, or shall/can I get some kind of package including both international flight plus all internal flights. If yes, from whom?

Also, would you advise how long should I stay in each place?

Many thanks again for your help

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1943
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 3:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry for the delay, just noticed the alert... You might be able to explore a combo international/domestic that may reduce your rates ONLY if the airline for the international leg is Aerolineas Argentinas. Most people will just split the international part and the domestic flights. This is because many use mileage for the international. I would book all domestic flights prior to arrival. As for length of visit, Iguazu needs no more than 3 nights, El Calafate 3 nights, Bariloche perhaps 4 to 5 nights minimum (there is a lot to see) and Buenos Aires 3 to 4 nights. These are approximate stays. It all depends on your likes.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration