Bairesliving.com - Just Got Back from... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Bairesliving.com - Just Got Back from BsAs « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

spa
Username: Spachick

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just got back on Monday from Buenos Aires from being away for a month. I was there for two weeks to study Spanish on my own and the other two weeks my friend/husband would join me to explore BA and Uruguay.
So naturally, I wanted to rent an apartment. It just financially made sense.

Due to the fact that I was traveling alone, at least for the first part, that I had to take special precautions. So the idea of having over a $1000 in cash on me to pay an owner was just not my cup of tea, as ALOT of these rental places want you to do.

BAs has a rep of muggings - although I was fortunate to not have anything happen to me.

I had a few requirements that I was looking for:
1)Wifi - I have a business and need to contact my clients without conflict.
2)Balcony - My friend smokes.
3)Cleanliness - I can't sleep if I think there are creepy crawlies around.
4)Security - would be a bonus if available.
5)Reasonably Priced and a way I could pay without carrying all that cash.

Well, I read an article on "how to successfully rent an apartment in BAs" and one of the tips was to rent directly from the owner.

I went on a search and found www.bairesliving.com.
It answered everything on my wish list and more.

Dario was the owner who promptly answered ALLLL my questions within an hour in detail. Very professional, friendly and accomodating. Had great pictures on the site that lived up the reality 110%.

There was a gym on the property. Although the Subte was close, I could walk to downtown to my school if I wanted to.

I could go into more detail if you wanted me to spachick2000@yahoo.com but you will not be disappointed.

BTW, he does take paypal payments and you can paypal it when you arrive - so the risk is limited.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration