Hello from New Zealand Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Hello from New Zealand « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Username: Made2order

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wow! What an awesome forum! You guys rock with all the info and tips provided, we are so impressed and we thank you so much!

Our first ever trip to South America and Buenos Aires and we are very much looking forward to our visit. We are planning our trip early so we can be organised. We have purchased our plane tickets and arrive June 2nd 2009 - 29th June 2009

We are searching google for apartments in BA and we have been advised to rent in either Palermo or Recoleta so we are researching those areas.

If you can help with a 2 bedroom apartment or if you know of one please let us know. I have also been told to be wary of "fraudulent websites" offering apt accommodation so if I name a few places are you able to tell me if they are ligit? Is that okay to do on the forum?

I won't name any places until you tell me it's okay to do so. I don't want to get told off

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Julieta Durante
Username: Just_ba

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Feel free to ask for any opinion! I think that the guys over here knows some safe website where you will find an apartment for sure.

Also you should know that Palermo and Recoleta are more expensive that other areas.

Hope you find this information useful

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Julieta

we are now looking in Belgrano as Recoleta and Palermo are too far away from where I want to be.

Is June your winter? I read a daily weather guage and it said it averaged around 18 degrees per day in June in BA which isn't too cold, in fact quite nice, about our temps here in autumn. Is there much rain in June?

RentingBA
Username: Rentingba

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,

Feel free to check out our website at http://www.RentingBA.com

We have many apartments in the Palermo and Recoleta area available for the dates you are looking at.

In particular, if you are on the younger side, I would recommend the Palermo Las Canitas neighborhood.

It is extremely safe and there are plenty of things to do as far as night life. It is also very close to Palermo Soho and Palermo Hollywood.

Palermo Las Canitas is actually right next to Belgrano, and on some maps it is even considered part of Belgrano.

You are welcome to email us at info@rentingba.com if you have further questions regarding Buenos Aires and or Apartments.

Regards,

argentina exchange
Username: Argentinaexchange

Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi!
I'm Enzo from Argentina Buenos Aires, I work with international students in Buenos aires.. we organize all week agenda for international people.. Events, theaters, Partys and trips.. But we also help international people to meet the owners and other students who have free rooms or appartments in buenos aires.. I don't know if its possible but I give you a link to take a look (please tell me if i can't).. we don't rent the appartment we just make the connection.. I hope you find what you're looking for..
the site is: www.argentinaexchange.com and the e-mail is argentinaexchange@live.it

See you around!! and call me to take a look of Buenos Aires!!

Saludos!!

Enzo**

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hiya Enzo,

thank you for the reply. We are looking for total privacy so are not wishing to share or stay with other people. We are not really into "night life" but would like to see what day tours are on offer when we get there.

Thank you for your time :-)

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there RentingBA

Thank you for your post and suggestions. We are late 40's and prefer a nice quiet location and probably not too younger area.

We are now looking more to the Belgrano area rather than the other two. Would also like to be close to supermarket if possible. Hubby would love to go on a day fishing tour, would that be possible in June?

Our budget is up to USD$1100 for apt ... We would even consider a one bedroom apt if the bedroom was sep to the living room and the living room had a pull out sofa bed at least double in size.

You don't seem to have many apts in Belgrano???

Thank you again for the information

RentingBA

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,

I think I have a very good option for you. I will send you all pertinent information.

Regards,

RBA

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

RentingBA

I have just emailed you

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

wow! RentingBA

You're ON 2 IT ! Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you soon-ish

Regards
Us

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Okie dokie,

a question for you locals and ones who are savvy on streets and localities. The two below addresses, could you tell me how close the Belgrano area is to each of them please.

1) Virrey del Pino
2) Carlos Melo, Vicente López Pcia

Thank you again

RentingBA

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vicente Lopez is about a 15-20 minute drive on the highway during non peak hours. I am not that sure about Virrey del Pino.

Regards,

RBA

Julieta Durante

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I wouldn't recommend Vicente Lopez area since is a bit far away from the city, and if you want to have dinner at night it'going to be uncomfortable. Belgrano it's a good choice if it's near a subway station, if you tell me the streets where the apartment at "Virrey del Pino" that you to rent is, maybe I can help you.

Recoleta is also a good chice if you are looking to be apart of the young people, and you can find nice apartment with that budget! (at any area)

Maybe you will have some cold days, but usualy is a cold that you can stand (Furthermore who came from Europe!!!, in fact you can tell who is "porteño" because are wrapped up, and the tourist are in flip flops!)

Please feel free to ask me anything!!! I live in San telmo neighbourhood, is the old quarter part of the city, so I can recommend some places that you must visit in there (like restaurants, flea markets, cultural places, etc.!!!)

HOPE TO HEAR FROM U SOON!

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you again Julieta

We are looking at the Belgrano area for now. Are there close supermarkets?

Regards
Us

Julieta Durante

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

tell me where is located and maybe I can help a bit more, but I think that you are gonig to find a lot of markets close to the apartment, Belgrano is an important neighbourhood full of shops!

Cheers!

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you again :-) Have a great day! :-)

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Merry Xmas to you all in Buenos Aires. We had a fabulous Xmas day yesterday

susan wallace
Username: Saltydog

Posted on Monday, April 06, 2009 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello from Mendoza,
I am posting an opportunity to reside in Mendoza in a beautiful furnished and equiped house at a very low cost. The house is available from May 2009 through to Jan 15th, 2010 or part thereof. (Min.4 mo..)

Centrally located one block from San Martin Park in the sought after La Quinta (area 5) this house has: 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, living room with fireplace, dining room, kitchen, breakfast room, 2 offices, and a large terrace opening onto a gorgeous walled garden with heated swimming pool, quincha and stone barbeque. It is equipped with central heating, air conditioning in the bdrms., 3 TV’s, DVD & 2 CD players.

The costs will include a modest monthly charge plus utilities. The terms agreed to by the parties will be put in writing but will not form an actual rental contract. Essentially the parties will be taking each other on trust but references will be required. THIS OFFER IS NOT OPEN TO ARGENTINIANS
For more information and contact info. go to
www.casagrandemendoza.com

WTMendoza.com
Advanced Member
Username: Welcometomendoza

Post Number: 450

Posted on Monday, April 06, 2009 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Susan with all due respect, may I ask why not open to Argentines? On the other hand, why would you take the risk of entering into what is essentially a verbal deal, especially with strangers from other parts of the globe that you would have little or no recourse with? Something just seems reversed here...thanks

Justin Reimanes
Username: Justofftheboat

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey there,

I am from Wellington! Lower Hut actually.

Use http://www.buenosairesstay.com I found them recently and they are really above board, go to their offices, wow!

I am sure that other forum users know this company, you do not see much about them on the various forums but they are one of the largest and longest established.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration