Hotel or Hostel at Plaza Dorrego in S... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Hotel or Hostel at Plaza Dorrego in San Telmo « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Laura Gehley
Username: Spazzfairy

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have been looking at GardenHouse Art Factory Hostel and Hostel San Telmo. Leaning towards GardenHouse because I like the look and reviews of it.

I want to be in the heart of San Telmo, or as close as possible. I am very interested in feeling "the energy" of the area... and experiencing the culture.

Anyone have recommendation?

Thank you!

Julieta Durante
Username: Just_ba

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I live in San Telmo, ask me anything, I will try to help you!

CHEERSSSSS! AND HAPPY XSMAS!

cynthia l glennan
Username: Cynthia

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Julieta! I just saw your post that you live in San Telmo. My daughter (age 29) and I (age...old! ha!) are visiting my son in January. He is living and working in Parque Patricios area. He thinks we would like staying in Palermo or San Telmo. Which area is closest to Parque Patricios? Can you recommend a nice hotel or guest house in either area? Thanks so much!
Feliz Navidad! (that is the only Spanish I know!)
Cindi

Julieta Durante

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cindi! what an experience for your son to live in buenos Aires! Where are you from? How he ends living in here!?

San Telmo is closer than Palermo from Parque Patricios, in fact is really close. Palermo and San telmo are really differents neighbourhoods, Palermo is posh and trendy, San Telmo is bohemian and the Tango spirit is in the air! so it's depends of what you expect, both of them are tourist areas and nice ones.

How many time are you going to spend in Buenos Aires? maybe an apartment is good option for you, there are agencys that rent fully furnished apartments and they are cheaper than a bed a breakfast and you can cook or have breakfast on your own when you want. That will coast you U$200 / U$250 a week, and U$700 / U$850 a month. (Internet, broadband, maid service once a week included at the price)

Hope you find thisn information useful!!!... hope to hear from u soon!

cynthia l glennan

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Julieta! I live in Florida in the US. My son just graduated from UCLA in Los Angeles, Californina and is doing an "artist-in-residency" in Buenos Aires. He will be there for 4 months. My daughter and I are coming to visit him. We only have one week, so we may stay in Palermo for two nights, then go to Iguazu for 2 days and then come back and stay in San Telmo for the last 2 nights. It will be a busy week, but I am so excited about finally getting to see Argentina.
Thanks so much for your help! You described the different neighborhoods perfectly! I think we are taking the overnight bus to Iguazu. Have you done this before and do you have a bus company that you prefer?

Julieta Durante

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Cindi!!! you are not going to regreat this trip, I think that Buenos Aires is a beautifull city, and Iguazu is amazing! I have been there when I was 16 (I have 28 now, so a couple of years ago!!!) and it's a paradise.
About the bus company I dont have any preferences I think that all of them must be good. The ticket will cost you just 200 argentinian pesos (90 dolars) each. Consider that you will have an 18 hours trip by bus (yes, is really far away from Buenos Aires!)

I was in Miami and Orlando when I was 14, an amazing trip with my whole family, in which area of Florida do you live?

cynthia l glennan

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Julieta....I have found an apartment in San Telmo on Juan de Garay street. Do you know anything about this area. Is it safe? Thanks for your advice!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration