Feel the REAL Argentinean spirit... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Feel the REAL Argentinean spirit... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ivan G
Username: Ivagagio

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 5:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello to all
I like to travel and to discover the real spirit of the places i visit. I went to Argentina and Buenos Aires several time and what''s strange to me....almost all the traveller i met used to know only the same areas of Buenos Aires...I mean...very few people used to go deeper in the argentinean real life.
I think that Buenos aires is much more than Palermo, Recolata and San Telmo. 95% of tour operators and agencies sell these areas so...when you get there you feel around the world except in Argentina :o) I mean...restaurants, pubs, shops...are made just for the tourists with the prices for the tourist! ;o) last year i spent 3 weeks in Recoleta...everybody talked me about it but honestelly...nothing so special except the cemetery area!... i was looking for something genuine...to feel the real argentinean life and pay like argentineans!!! *So i discover Caballito!!!...*it's a great area and super safe cause the robbers prefere the most touristic areas ;o)). You feel the Real Argentina there. It's a great area and definitelly underpriced if you consider Recoleta, San Telmo and Palermo. ...and it's in the center...just 13 minutes by subte from Plaza de Mayo (I checked by my chronometer :o)) !...Over there I went to a great place to learn tango....2 hours of colective lessons (which is super fun) I payed 3!!!!!...this place is called: la Catedral...I didn't find the website. Here something about Caballito:http://www.vivecaballito.com.ar/ - I found also a Super pub full of nice people and good music Magno Bar http://www.magno-bar.com, I also stayed in a Place called: Giorgio's House which is great too and super cheap if you consider what you get: http://buenosaires.giorgioshouse.com

have a fun in Buenos Aires and enjoy your vacation!! :o)
Igg

(Message edited by admin on May 04, 2008)

Barbara Kuntze
Username: Restlesstraveler2

Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Igg,

Thanks for the posting re an alternative to San Telmo. I am planning on going to BA in July and August and am looking to continue taking Spanish classes, as well as taking a tango class. And your email was good with info.

Barbara in Turkey

ivan G

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Barbara
Happy that my advises is helping you. Caballito is really a beautiful and central area ...you'll really feel like an argentinean and you'll learn Tango and Spanish very easily :o)
Enjoy your stay in Buenos Aires

vicky rivera
Username: Victoria

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi guys, this is exactly what I am looking for, thank you Ivan for posting this up. I am wanting the same experience in Cordoba, can anyone recommend anything? Same genuine ambiance, ideal locations, and decent prices wouldn't be too bad either.
Does anyone have any recomendations as to what I can do in Cordoba? I will probably be there for a week...
Thanks guys!

ivan G

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Vicky :o)
No problem.It was a pleasure.
I have never been in Cordoba so I have no IDea but I am sure you can find some great places as well :o)

Cheers

IVan

vicky rivera
Username: Victoria

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Kiran, I am looking for a bed and breakfasts, or an apartment in an ideal location that I can stay in for a week, or any place I can rent out for a week. Close to restaurants, shops, and even pubs. Not touristy at all, but readily accesible by bus. Safe as well. I want to experience the culture, get to know the people, and relax as well.
Also, does anyone know of any daytrips I can make from the city of Cordoba?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration