Recommendations on apartments Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Recommendations on apartments « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Erin Aguirre
Username: Ebbie

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello, We are making a trip to BA for 7 days/6nights at the beginning of Dec. We are definelty going to rent an apartment because it is so much cheaper and has all of the amenities that we need. Has anyone stayed at a place they want to recommend? our price range is $250-$350/week and in researching it seems like Palermo, San Telmo, Las Canitas are good areas. We hope to be near a lot of things so we can either walk or hop on the subway.

Are there any hidden fees to look out for? Hopefully we can find a nice clean place with a kitchen and air conditioning for a flat rate.

Jaquelin Dunaiewsky
Username: Jackyd

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 2:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Erin.

Re. to the other fees to look out: you are going to be charged a deposit also that is going to be returned you the day you leave. Also if you rent through and agency there will be a little administration fee for approximately USD 30. There are many possibilities now at those neighbourhoods that have choosen. Is nice to rent an apartment since when it is comfortable and you can fill as you are staying at your home and prepare your own meals in case you want. It's very important to find a serius agency on which you will fill support. If you want any recommendation, just let me know

teresa kalanzis
Username: Lulubelle

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jaquelin,
What do you know about the agency BYT Argentina? They have many nice listings but are they reputable? Do most of these apt. include the use of a telephone, at least for incoming calls?
Thanks.
Lulubelle

MIchael Calero
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 65
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I use BYTArgentina.com for two apartments, been to their offices and they have over 1700 available apartments, fully staffed and have whatever you wish. My second apartment I needed internet service in the apartment in Palermo with short notice and on the spot they were able to find five apartments with what I wanted. I rate them a 10 very professional.

Mariano Rodriguez
Username: Argentinatolet

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Erin.
I am the owner of an apartment and I has been renting it for the last 3 years directly and through different agencies.

If you rent an apartment directly with the owner you will save the agency commission which is normally from 20% to 30% of the total price. You will also avoid the "administration fee" (I never knew why they also get that fee if they get a lot just receiveing the email and being on the check-in)

It is a myth that it is more risky, as the agency will just get their money in the check in and after that you will deal all with the owner of the flat and never see the agency people again unless the landlord has paid them for the checkout. So whether you rent it through agency or not the risk is absolutely the same.

I have built an small site for my apartment and it is http://www.argentinatolet.com
Thank you
Mariano

Douglas Miller
Username: Douglasseattle

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I posted in the housing wanted on craigslist.org in Argentina. I listed what I wanted, where and how much I wish to pay. I received several responses. I got exactly what I wanted for a much better price. The owner was great to me and very honest.

It would be best to post in Spanish, but many were able to write in English.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1662
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Great tip :-)

ivan G
Username: Ivagagio

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Try also this guys: http://buenosaires.giorgioshouse.com Giorgio's House is a very beautiful place and the rates are very good. i had a lot of fun there... anyway...the most important thing is that Argentina is GREAT!!!

Lilli Burges
Username: Lillibug

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hi all! i responded to a similar question - I suggest Buenos Aires Stay for renting apartments in BA. There was no funny business and we had a lovely experience. their site is http://www.buenosairesstay.com

im sure they'll be of much help

good luck!

Pura Buenos Aires Apartments/ Pura
Username: Pura_buenos_aires

Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Everyone.
Erin: If you will stay only one week, I'll strongly recommend Palermo. You have many things to do walking, and you have a great public transportation.

I want to introduce our web page. It is www.purabuenosaires.com.ar We have several apartments for temporary rent. We don't charge administrations fees. We also have travel agency www.puravidaviajes.com.ar I'm 30 years old and I've travel all around Argentina. If there is any thing you want to ask me about Argentina, just let me know.

kathy R.
Username: Kathy_miami

Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello, I am Kathy from Italy,

this is my first post here!. I've stayed in Buenos Aires last month,I rented a nice place in palermo soho,the agency is buenos aires rentals and travel services, they are excellent in services and very helpful to me because it was my first trip to Buenos Aires, so I can reccommend them.
I was amazed ! Buenos Aires is a wonderful city! I bought a book outside to the ricoleta's cemetery called the city of angels ( nice place and high reccommend to visit it!).
I will back to this nice forum soon!

Massave
Username: Massave

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Kathy
You say you are from Italy and then put Miami on your profile. So as not to generate confusion about the intent behind your promotion, I would reccomend you match the two.
I had a horrible experience with apt agencies. They tacked on fees of 350.00 USD+ in their contracts with me and had I not had legal training, I wouldnt of noticed it. Renters, please ask for a copy of the agreement prior to sending deposits etc. You can also look on craigs list for apt wihtout paying these "fees"

kathy R.
Username: Kathy_miami

Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,
I'm original from Italy, but I travel very often, my headquarters are in Miami-Florida right now, I'm perhaps, a product of the globalization. I wanted to thank and 'promote' as you wrote BARTS www.barts.com.ar because, they really helped me not only with the apartment, but also for making arrangements and for being nice with me, it's not a huge company, so I promessed them to provide my oppinion.
since I have found Bart's in this great board that also helped me out to find information about Argentina. My husband and I travelled in September and we have been in both.Usuahia and Buenos Aires, Barts service was very personalized and everything we have requested as all the promessed services, description and promesses on the apartment was provided , this was our first trip to Argentina, and for sure we will be back, we are leaving back to Miami tomorrow afternoon. Anyway, what you have menctioned is very important, I always keep my eyes open, however, when saving bucks for a furnished apartment instead booking to a hotel chain, there are risks to take.
I'm very sorry you had no luck as we did, but it's just a matter of flure. Take Care
;)

Magnun Stevenson
Username: Magnus73

Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 1:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I used barts once "but wasn't really happy" (this part edited by admin).
On my second trip I rented from a well run larger agency Byt, I had no problems whatsoever. The apartment was great and the service was great.

(Message edited by admin on October 09, 2008)

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1774
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kathy, Massave and Magnun are all welcome!

One comment I would like to make... we like to keep it clean and useful here. Recommendations and opinions are welcome as long as they offer constructive advise. Personal attacks or naming people will only get you banned. It is ok not to be happy with a service -I myself posted about one service in BA I wasn't happy with and my point was to prevent others from a less than happy experience- but a very different thing is to personalize the matter in a negative way. As I say, we like to keep it clean here.

Magnun, I took the liberty to edit your post. You are welcome to reformulate it in a more objective way that doesn't sound like a personal attack. The point is to give the service provider an opportunity to improve, too.

(Message edited by admin on October 09, 2008)

Magnun Stevenson

Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Let me rephrase.

I felt cheated and strong armed into taking the apartment even though the apartment was a mess and had so many issues. If people can give fake glowing reviews. I think it is fair to give an honest albeit harsh review.

My recommendation is : go with reputable websites and stay away from the small shady ones.

ruggero
Username: Bart

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello:
I will not reply to Magnus, as we all know it's fake, but I just wanted to let this forum users to know about BARTS:
BARTS concept was created in 2002 after the Argentine crash, as an apart hotel with 2 owned apartments in Recoleta, it was an experimental investment, we had no website at that time, and we started the purchase process in 2003, finally the project started after several modifications, and by that time we were only focused in these 2 apartments. Our first client arrived february 1st 2004. I have started a new website concept in 2004, and we launched the new wesbite http://www.barts.com.arwww.barts.com.ar in 2005, after incorporating 3 new apartments in Palermo, and selling those 2 apartments in recoleta. I personally researched, negotiated and renovated all the units, with my family's and friends support. BARTS website concept was also experimental, we wanted something fresh, new and easy to understand, offering additional information and quick support to our clients and users in general. I'm very proud of it, and it's much more than an apartments rentals website, we have music, videos, neighborhoods coverage and photos.
website's core it's divided into FOUR sections; Services - Free Databases - Own Contents - Lodging. Each one of these sections it's related to the others.
There are a lot of pending tasks to accomplish yet, but the idea has been very congratulated within the time, since you can do a lot more than renting an apartment in BARTS. Today, we have 5 owned apartments and we list 63 units in recoleta, puerto madero, san telmo, downtown and palermo districts.
Before listing an apartment, we inspect and keep a review of it, and we let the rates to float accordingly to the demand and supply. There is a huge interface supporting the part you don't see on BARTS, while some parts remain conceptual, most part of it works perfectly and with accuracy.
We are a small but tight team working in BARTS. We are more friends than co-workers: we go to clubs together, we have fun together and we work a lot together too.
You may rent or not from BARTS, but it's a good thing to check the rates on the website to give yourself an idea of the current updated rates in the city. For example, if the rate of the apartment you have rented is too cheap, then you know something is wrong about it, may be location, seurity issues, etc, and on the other hand, if is too high compared with BARTS, something is wrong again.
We appreciate all kind of businesses in BARTS, but we are focused in part to the real estate transactions, most part of the listed apartments are owned by foreigners who invested in Buenos Aires, and this general crisis has been taken as a good opportunity for our business.

Thanks!

Victor W.
Username: Wvictor

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I had a very good experience with :

http://www.4rentargentina.com/

Victor W.
Username: Wvictor

Post Number: 23
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

where do you see that???

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1782
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am sorry guys. I really can't allow this type of venting here or risk to turn this forum into an octagon. Magnum, if you have any inside information through first-hand, personal experience with a service you can always offer this information privately. Other members will know how to contact you through the private message system.

Daniel Forster
Username: Danielforster

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi! I can help you with your temporary rental in BA
http://www.nest4rent.com.ar
Best
Daniel

Magnun Stevenson

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 2:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Right here

http://barts.com.ar/barts/a/

Alejandro Fretes
Username: Afretes

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is getting a bit ridiculous. I resort to this web page to get "honest" and "unbiased" opinions based on people's actual experiences when renting temp apartments in Bs As, however, all we’re getting lately are guys promoting their own rental services.
The whole point of the “Lodging and Accommodations” section in this forum I believe was meant for people to provide help to others.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1787
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

This thread has been closed.

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration