Best neighbourhood to stay in in BA Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Best neighbourhood to stay in in BA « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

duong tran
Username: Yellowcolumbus

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2007 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hi my friend and i are going to be in argentina from 20th dec to 13th jan. we start our tour in buenos aires and would like to know which area would be best to live in. we are 22 and 24 and would therefore like to be in an area with bars, shopping possibilities etc. safety should also be taken into account. any recommendations??
thanx

W Piccione
Username: Mrspicci

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2007 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Barrio Norte or Palermo are a good bet!
Good luck.

Emily Toriani Moura
Username: Etori

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I see you've recommended Barrio Norte or Palermo. Is it relatively easy to get from one barrio to the other to see the sights? Also, any recommendations on an affordable but comfortable posada? Thanks!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1778
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Emily, welcome!

Can you give us more information on what would be a "posada" for you? If this is the defintion for a sort of "older mexican lodge" I am afraid you may not find such thing in the city. On the other hand, there may be something similar like old colonial houses with a spanish flavor both in San Telmo as well as in the northen part of BA, out of the city limits, in neighborhoods like in San Isidro through Tigre.

Justin Dellaverson
Username: Justindellaverson

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would definitly suggest staying in Palermo Soho or Palermo Viejo. This area is safe, filled with young people, shops, restaurants, clubs, bars and nice plazas to hang out in. Club Niceto is a great dance club and it is near a resto bar called Bangalore that has indian food and pub style ambience- really good! It really is a lovely fun place to be - especially in the summer it is just a party place. If youre not convinced :-) or want to research all neighborhoods (a very good idea!) then there are a few sites that give pretty good descriptions. The main ones are buenosairesstay.com and http://www.buenosaires.gov.ar/areas/barrios/buscador/
This one has all the info on clubs, bars restaurants and things to do in each neighborhood and places to stay
This is the government site.
Goodluck!!! and remember...air conditioning and a pool is your keys to a pleasant summer in BA!

(Message edited by admin on November 16, 2008)

Jan Lettinga
Username: Heart_of_argentina

Post Number: 7

Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Belgrano is also a good area to stay, more residential and more quiet than Palermo. Close to a lot of bars and restaurants, a train station (Barrancas), China Town and the Jorge Newbury Aeroparque. And cheaper than Palermo...... which in fact a very nice neighbourhood (I love Plaza Serrano).

Jan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration