Advice on apartment locations Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Advice on apartment locations « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sarah Humberd
Username: Sarahandalex

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have found two apartments I am interested in. The landlord stated that they are within walking distance to the cemetery, pubs, bars, musuems...

The crossroads are
Libertad and Av. del Libertador
Rodriguez Peņa and Posadas II

Can you guys give me some advice on these locations? Are they safe? Close to transportation, attractions, bars, restaurants?

By the way, thank you guys for all your help. This forum is a great benefit to have and you have all been a great help so far!

Thanks! :-)

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Very good locations. The second one is closer and better, in my view.

Geoff Pearson
Username: Gpearson

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Sarah,

I just checked my trusty map. Both locations are in the same general area with Rodriguez being a little closer to the Cementerio (3 blocks vs 6 blocks). I know that area quite well & it is very safe even late at night although with the usual caveat applying to any large city... exercise common sense. The Cementerio area is something of a nightlife hub with a concentration of bars & restaurants.

The only downside of this locality is that there is no Subte station within walking distance. Taxis however, are plentiful & cheap. There has been some comment here on this forum about problems with taxi drivers but I can only say that my wife & I used taxis extensively over a 6-week period, at all hours of the day & night, without any problems whatsoever. If you have any doubts just tell the driver "on the meter por favor" but they don't usually have to be told.

Oh... we did have one dodgy ride. We took a cab from La Boca back to the city & the guy did a Fangio act! I didn't know that Toyota Corolla's could go that fast. He was cornering on the door handles & paid little attention to red lights. Not sure what he was smoking but it was a Sunday & not too much traffic about so we were OK. All good fun & part of the BA experience!

HTH

Geoff Pearson

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration