I need a place to stay in BA Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » I need a place to stay in BA « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sarah Humberd
Username: Sarahandalex

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am traveling to BA for my honeymoon, November 26 - December 9. I want to spend 6 nights of that time in BA and 2 in Uruguay. Not sure where I"m spending the remaining time, perhaps Salta or Bariloche (sorry if incorrect spelling). I would like to stay in Recoleta and want to make sure the location is great, the place is clean, spacious and comfortable. Doesnt have to be luxury but hope to find something for around 400 per week. Do you guys have any advice where I should stay or how I should book a place? Also, any advice for Uruguay?

Thanks

Adam Walker
Username: Adam_walker

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Sarah - congrats on your wedding and good choice for a honeymoon!

Recoleta is a great place, and if you mean 400 US$ then youll find nice places. I have my current place through nancylandi.com who is friendly and trustworthy (for an Argentine!), say you know me and she'll treat you well (Adam in Estados Unidos 373).

This being said, I dont think she is the cheapest (she signs most of her apartments up exclusively etc) so you may find a slightly better deal through buenosairesstay.com or bairesapartments.com (although who knows what the landlords are like etc).

Uruguay is a great short trip - go to buquebus.com.ar and you will see deals etc. There are 3 hour or 1 hour boats across and some package things (me and my grildfriend are going 1st class to Colonial, city tour, lunch and trip back for AR$270 all in one day). Hotels are priced the same there ie US50-100 a night.

Enjoy your trip there, it will be baking hotso bring tanning lotion!

Adam Walker

W Piccione
Username: Mrspicci

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Sarah!
There are loads of apartment rental agenices in Buenos Aires. If you google it your search will be massive and craig's list is another good resource.
Best,
MrsPicci

luciano pereira
Username: Luciano

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Even this is a bit off topic the 'even for an argentine! remark' denotates a certain degree of xenophobia and antipathy to a group of people. It's like say all americans, all british. Honesty don't have nothing to do with genetics or you father land. I have the luck in my job - or the bless of god from my believes - to meet people all over the world, and i find honest and dishonest ones in every corner. But one thing is certain no matter of the extent, people treat you most of the time as you treat them.

Shalom, peace in the sense of our common biblical tradition, is not based on power and domination of the one over the other; it is based on zedaka, justice and mutual recognition. In the book of the prophet Isaia we read of justice for all: "Justice shall yield peace" (Is 32,17). Please work together for justice and peace. Learn from each other. The dialog is the obligatory path to the building of a reconciled world, a world able to look with serenity to its own future. This is a theme which is crucial to the pursuit of peace. (message of his holiness Pope John Paul II for the celebretion of the world day of peace 2001)

Dear Adam I am almost shure that you remark tried to be funny without a harmful intention, but nevertheless I want to take the opportunity to share what I think about it. I hope I did it with the respect that you deserve. Sorry If my english is not good enough to make myself understood.

I'm really open to your comments as you obviously a man of good will that shares what you know to help others in this forum.

Shalom,
Luciano

Geoff Pearson
Username: Gpearson

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Adam,

You could try:

http://www.reynoldspropiedades.com/

They have a good online listing for all areas of BA as well as a branch in Uruguay. Their website is in Spanish & English. We have used this company twice now for extended stays & can report that they are excellent. Scrupulously honest & they do everything they say they will. They will also accept credit card payment for the initial booking which some of the others won't

I just noticed too that they have introduced a concierge service for their customers who want travel advice or wish to make reservations for theatre, day trips etc.

Hope this helps.

Geoff Pearson

Adam Walker
Username: Adam_walker

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Luciano - no insult intended, indeed I completely believe in "what goes around, comes around" and thats probably why I am disappointed every time someone tries to con me...

So seeing as we are on the subject Sarah, dont pay taxis with large notes (ie ARG$50 or 100) because you will probably have them change it for a fake note and when you give them ANOTHER 50/100 you will get the change in false notes.

Apart from that, enjoy your stay in BA! Its really is a fantastic place, and what I love mostabout it is thatthe Argentine people are genuinely nice people - feel free to email me if you want more advice!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration