Backpacker hostels.. Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Backpacker hostels.. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Spartaco
Username: Spinsk

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ola, I am flying into BA near the end of sept. and was wondering about a few things. What is a cheap, nice, clean backpacker hostel to stay at in downtown? How's the weather that time of year? And lastly, what is the cheapest way to get from the airport to S.Telmo or somewhere in town? Ciao and thanks.
Spartaco

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1270
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Spartaco, once at the airport try to find the booths for Manuel Tienda Leon. They are usually very visible. They run a shuttle service that can take you cheaply almost anywhere in the city. Weather will be great as Sept 21st marks the beginning of spring and starts to feel warmer. I will leave the cheap hostel inquiry for someone else but I have seen little information on this forum over the years. Possibly, not many members are familiar with this type of accomodations.

Adam Walker
Username: Adam_walker

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Spartaco - depends on what you are looking for and price.

"The Milhouse" near Av Mayo is right in El Centro and was a crazy party one... lots of travelers up all night etc.

Wish I had known about it earlier in my stay, but I can imagine you could tire of the place to be honest... literally 3am people r u drinking and being noisey.

There is another just one block down on the same side of the road, it was a slightly quieter, but sociable, clean one which I prefered slightly.
IŽll try to fish the name out for you - couple of awesome ones in San Telmo too.

Cheers

Adam Walker
Username: Adam_walker

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, so cant find the other one down that road, but if you get the address for the Milhouse, and head there, literally 1 block down on the same road is tha hostel.

Also I really liked "Tango Telmo" in San Telmo, just cos the people working there were so nice, but it was much quieter and not as new.

Finally, I havent stayed in the next two, but have walked in and looked around, there is a really smart room with shared rooms for US$12 in a Hostel on the corner of Estados Unidos y Bolivar - it looks lovely, great bar etc. Also the Carlos Guardel Hostel looks great (young and sociable).

I was here throughout Sept, Oct and Nov, and End of September is starting to get nice weather, but can be over cast and rainy now and again. Oct was nice, and Nov was baking! Apparantly Dec and Jan r hotter... depending where u r coming from (UK/US) it is decent weather.

as Roberto says, use the shuttle, otherwise it should be US$15 in a taxi.

Ana
Username: Magdalena

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi!
I am moving to Buenos Aires in Feb. I will be flying from the US to Bs As with a lot of luggage (probably 2 suitcases, a travel backpack, possibly a guitar). I need a place to stay while I search for and secure housing in Buenos Aires. Do you think a hostel will be a good idea (in terms of my luggage not getting stolen while I am out looking for housing)? Can you recommend any hostels? Thanks!!

W Piccione
Username: Mrspicci

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hola.
One suggestion is the South American Explorer's Club on Estados Unidos 577 y Peru. It is a traveler's hub and they also rent out rooms. It is a safe place to stay and if you become a member (for a nominal fee) you can also store your luggage there while you travel. Their phone number in Buenos Aires is 4307-9625.
Good luck!
Mrs. P

cecilia lopez
Username: Cecilia

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Spartaco. The Tienda Leon buses are really cool if you are travelling on your own. I was with someone so it was easier and the same money to get a cab and just get off at the hostel. We stayed in San TElmo,Art Factory hostel. Pretty cheap, and really cool. They booked the transfer from the airport to the hotel. Its a nice big house in San TElmo. The staff is friendly, and there are plenty of buses around. I hope that helps

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration