Renting - Pitfalls Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Renting - Pitfalls « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Graham
Username: Richg

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I know some of you guys are heavily involved in Real Estate, can you she some light on something I find bemusing.

When my girlfriend cooker broke down last year I suggested that she spoke to her landlord to fix it, however she told me that anything in the flat was her responsibility. To be honest I find this difficult to grasp, is it true that if the boiler breaks down in my new place I effectively could have to replace it? I still can't fathom how a tenant is responsible for any problems that are not caused as a result of their negligence.

Is there a way of making sure they are contractually obliged to maintain what is provided?

Thanks

Rich
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1233
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am not familiar with current rent/lease regulations, but not too long ago I replaced an entire water heating system in an owned apartment that I rented because it was my responsibility, not the leasing person's. As far as I know, landlord should fix this or if she gets a new one, she takes it with her. However, we do not know the terms of the lease and if those terms were in conflict with the general regulations.

Given that laws tend to favor the person renting I can't see this happening.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration