Hotels in Buenos Aires Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Hotels in Buenos Aires « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roderick
Username: Roderick

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I am coming to Buenos Aires May 23rd for approx. 2 weeks and I am looking for a nice hotel that someone can recommend. I am not looking to pay to much ( approx. 100.00 US per night). If anyone can suggest a good deal for lodging that would be great.

Thanks so much!!!!

Roderick

andy
Username: Bignames

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have always rented apartments, remember you have to add the VAT of 21% to your hotel stay. I just got back from my fourth trip and rented a fab studio apartment in a BRANDNEW bldg with 24 hr drman and heated pool for 300 us per week. look into renting I have had good experiences. you will love the city!

Stephen D Ruud
Username: Argentinatraveler

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I agree with Andy--renting an apartment is the way to go. I rented with 4rentargentina.com for three weeks at $780 for a two-bedroom apartment in Recoleta. Living in an apartment gives you the feel of being part of the country. Neighbors very friendly, got to know the cleaners, neighborhood restaurants. It's much cheaper and more fun to rent an apartment. Try a Google search for "apartments in Buenos Aires" and you'll find lots of agencies. Websites show pictures of the apartments.

larry Rogers
Username: Larryr30

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Guys, check this out, I live here in the Buenos Aires area and staying in a 6 bedroom home in the San Cristobal area...here is a blogspot that you can check out the house and there is a link for the prices of stay....save your money, stay here and I will give you some good pointers on where to go. If it does not appeal to you give me a call on the cell phone that is list and I will give you some tips or any information that you need or help for that mattter. I hope that your stay is enjoyfull, b/c this is a great city with a ton of stuff to do!

O' Stephen D., 780.00 for two weeks or two months is ridiculous to spend, that is what I did when I first got here and I regreted every min. Even if you have the money, you will won't to stay with others, trust me...the city needs friends and so will you!

http;//tangoyamistad.blogspot.com/

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 374

Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Roderick

These are all good suggestions however, if you are still looking for a hotel, when I am in BsAs I stay at the Hotel Monumental, a Best Western hotel and spa. The 7th floor suites are around $60 US per night. Jacuzzi tubs, balconies, high speed wireless internet, free breakfast. The hotel has just gone through a total remodeling in 2006. The rooms are quite unique. Modern but still Argentine classic. Does that make sense.

It is located on Junin Street about ten blocks from a major mall, close to the main street where the obelisk is, close to most everywhere.

to find out more email them at info@hotelmonumental.com

Gary Hillert is the owner. If you decide to stay there, tell him Tom said hello and I will see him in the fall, spring down there.

good luck

Stephen D Ruud
Username: Argentinatraveler

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you decide on a hotel instead of an apartment, I would recommend the pleasant tree-lined close-in neighborhoods of Palermo, Recoleta, or Barrio Norte.

The Obelisk area, Avenida 9 de Julio, Plaza de Mayo, and the Microcentro, are very noisy, crowded, and somewhat run-down. I was disappointed in the world's widest avenue, Avenida 9 de Julio, and the entire old downtown area.

Buenos Aires' most expensive real estate today is just east of the old downtown in Puerto Madero, the old dockyards, where the newest hotels, skyscrapers, and fanciest restaurants are today. Puerto Madero is very modern, but not as charming as the traditional Palermo and Recoleta neighborhoods.

Hope this helps!

enars
Username: Enars

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 5:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would suggest you to try http://www.hotelbooklet.com and quickly compare room rates on more than 30 popular hotel reservation sites.

(Message edited by admin on February 04, 2008)

David
Username: Dave321

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You can stay at the Amerian Congreso, which is close to the Congress. Good hotel, good location. I would recommend www.allcheapfares.com, as they give you a breakdown of hotels in Buenos Aires by price and you can compare them.

Lilli Burges
Username: Lillibug

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I agree with everyone on the apartment idea. I have done both - the apartment and the hotel and I definitly suggest staying in an apartment. You mentioned $100 per night but I think you can find much better accomodations for that price in an apt than in a hotel. The hotels here seem to be very over-priced and can cost more per week than apartments. Also, the prices of food in Argentina are rising and it is nice to be able to cook in your own kitchen than have to eat out for every meal. There are many many rental companies but my best experiences have been with http://www.buenosairesstay.com
They're wonderful and the conceirge Terry is a doll.

ivan G
Username: Ivagagio

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think that people that wishes a Hotel are different from People that wishes Apartments. So...You want to wake you up, find the breakfast prepared, than go out, come back and find the room clean and ready. In the Apartment you have to clean, you have to cook...in a Hotel you have to do nothing...it's a different type of Vacation so...if you prefer the Hotel, get a hotel. In Buenos Aires there are a lot and even for less than 100 US$ per night! Have fun :o)

Andrew McCance
Username: Apartmentguru

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey there Lilli - I will tell Tezzer that you think him a doll! Thanks for the kind words - I am always pleased when clients say good things about our Buenos Aires Stay and our staff, they all work very hard and you will know that BA is a tough environment to get it right!

Just a small point about cooking - apartments tend to have small Argentine style kitchens that make most people want to pull their hair out! Always ask about the kitchen if you intend to cook be sure to get the full facts - some kitchens are very basic and apart from a bit of breakfast and coffee, anything more substantial is not possible unless you are one of those amazing camp fire cooks who produces tasty meals on a couple of rings. That is not I who uses every kitchen utensil and trashes the place making a sandwich!
Also, if you stay away from the real tourist joints, you can still eat out in Buenos Aires for around $30 pesos or $10 dollars and get two courses and a glass of good vino, shopping is so expensive now, I would eat out

ivan G
Username: Ivagagio

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think that people that wishes a Hotel are different from People that wishes Apartments. So...You want to wake you up, find the breakfast prepared, than go out, come back and find the room clean and ready. In the Apartment you have to clean, you have to cook...in a Hotel you have to do nothing...it's a different type of Vacation so...if you prefer the Hotel, get a hotel. In Buenos Aires there are a lot and even for less than 100 US$ per night! ... Hotel you can check: http://buenos.aires.hotelguide.net/ Have fun :o)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration