Lodging for male, 21, american, spani... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Lodging for male, 21, american, spanish-speaking « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tony Amante Schepers
Username: Tonyschep

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello! Great web blog, truly like it! I am a male, 21 years old from Michigan who will be living and doing some research on youth unemployment and education from Janaury-April, 2006. I need a good, inexpensive place to stay in BA. Any suggestions?

I will be doing some questionairre/surveying of youth ages 15-24, and would like to be centrally located around this age group.

Thanks,

~Tony
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Tony and welcome!

As you may have read on the other threads about Buenos Aires, the east side is different that the rest of the City, as you pointed out.

When living there many years ago, I took a job that involved doing interviews in the streets as part of a marketing research project. The group I was in charge of and myself met every Saturday morning in a commercial area of Mataderos and interviewed people of all ages for about 15 minutes each. We collected 300 to 400 interviews each weekend and we did this for almost a year. My experience was that we could have not done this street interviewing in the east part of the City because people there have a different awareness and would have been reluctant to talk to us, specially for 15 minutes.

Anyhow, I have the feeling that if you find a nice place in Palermo you will be surrounded by this age group and might be able to get your research done. There are a few Colleges and Universities in the area as well as parks where you will see 15-24 crowds. How easy it will be to approach them? I think now a days there is a great concern about safety in Buenos Aires and you may find out that people in general are less prone to talk to strangers...There are a few good websites out there that specialize in apartments in Buenos Aires. Do a search like this in google and you will come across a few but I can't recommend anything.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration