Lodge in or near Torres del Paine Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Lodge in or near Torres del Paine « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kris Sullivan
Username: Llamalover

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I realize this park is in Chile, but it is very close to Argentina so maybe someone in this forum can help me. We've tried to reserve a hotel in the park and it seems they're full or outrageously expensive (the Explorer is over $1000 per night!) Does anyone know of a reasonable hotel/estancia near the park? I found Lodge Cerro Guido which looks nice, but it is described as 30 minutes outside the park. We plan to hike in the park. Thanks so much.

David Womack
Username: Womack

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Kris,
I just booked for myself and my group at 2 of the refugios within the park. There's a good listing of hosterias and refugios with websites and email addresses at:

http://www.torresdelpaine.com/ingles/secciones/03/a/directorio.asp

The refugios we're staying at (Chileno & Cuernos) run about US$30 for a bed and about US$60 for bed + meals. Hosterias are more expensive but appear to have more amenities. Book early.

(Message edited by admin on October 26, 2006)

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 254

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Kris and David
Welcome to the group
while on your travels and or finished I hope you will come back and share your experiences with us. Heads up's are a good thing.
Thanks for the information David

Kris Sullivan
Username: Llamalover

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi David,

Thanks for the info. I sent an email yesterday, but still haven't received a response from any of the 3 refuges. Did you book online or call them? If you called, do you happen to have the phone number?

When are you staying there? Maybe our paths will cross...

Kris

David Womack
Username: Womack

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Kris,

I communicated with Andrea Contreras from the refugios by email at
albergue@lastorres.com

She deals with reservations at all of the lodges that Las Torres operates - Hosteria Las Torres, Refugio Chileno, Refugio Los Cuernos. There may be others that they operate as well, but I am not aware of them. The other company that has a big stake in the park is Fantastico Sur - I know that they operate Regugio Pehoe (full when I contacted them) and possibly Refugio Grey.

My party will be in the park Jan 9th - 12th.

In case you are willing to 'rough it' a bit, there are also campgrounds where you can pitch a tent (I believe they are either very cheap or free); from what I've read of other people's accounts, reservations are either made in person or are almost unnecessary.

I have read about other refugios that are not directly on the perimeter trail, such as Tyndall and Pingo, but I don't know anything about them.

If you have already sent an email to the address I mentioned above, don't worry, Andrea seems to be quite organized and will get back to you.

Hope it works out,
Dave

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration