Christmas/New Year's Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Christmas/New Year's « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael
Username: Mrmojorisin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am planning on traveling to Buenos Aires for the above time frame and have a couple of questions:

1) What can I expect to do or plan to do for New Year's and where should I go for New Year's
2) There are 6 of us traveling (3 couples)and have been lookig for a place to stay where we can all fit such as a house or apartment and ApartmentsBA.com seems to offer the largest and most high end (luxurious) places to stay, can anyone offer any reviews of them or suggestions on other places to use? We are looking for a high end large place (3 bedrooms) ina nice area.

Thanks

Deby Novitz
Username: Tangospam

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

In Latin America Christmas and New Years are family holidays. Christmas Eve (Noche Buena) is celebrated with a family dinner. On Christmas Day people continue to share with family and Friends. The same is true of New Years.

Most restaurants are open,and serve a prix fixed dinner. Expect to pay much more than usual. As for New Year's blasts do not expect too much. People do not revel in the streets. Last year even the milongas were closed for dancing. (Tango) You might find some events are the larger hotels.

Gustavo Flores
Username: Xgustax

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Deby not all parts of Latin America are like that. In fact in peru i know it is quiet different. You should say Argentina

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration