Expats Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Argentine Culture » Expats « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gayle
Username: Flaka

Post Number: 56
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am posting again in a different thread this time. Are there any expats living/retired in BA that would like to get together for a lunch or dinner? My husband and I will be in Belgrano for 3 1/2 weeks and would love to hear some experiences about living in Argentina. We did get together with some nice people from this forum 1 1/2 years ago and would love to do so again.

julia smith
Username: Julia

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,

Im also in BA and would love to hear about the expat experience, Ive met a few pple from the states and all had different things to say. Im leaving on april 6

Julia

Gayle

Post Number: 57
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Julia,

Guess the friendly expats I met last time are not on this forum anymore.

Good luck. I am giving up.

gerald collins
Username: Geraldcollins

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All,

I am new to this forum so be nice to me

I recently moved to Dallas, I am Single and struggling to find where people hang out, how do people make connections. I am in my 30s, so not really looking for anything crazy, just regular, fun, normal people to connect with.

gerald collins
Username: Geraldcollins

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

welcome to forum, i m also new to this site, recently i found one site where singles meet for serious relationship, friendship etc, they also organises events, parties etc. you can check the site at
http://www.therelationshipcompany.com

MIchael Calero
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 99
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gerald,

Do you have any idea where you are? This is a forum pertaining to different types of information on Argentina. I see you are in Dallas !!!!

Gayle

Post Number: 58
Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I want to take about 12-15 of my husband's relatives to dinner. Can you reserve several tables at a restaurant and can you decide on the menu to be served in advance? Guests can then order whatever drinks they want. Is there a charge for this?

I am looking for a place not too expensive. Someone mentioned Plaza Del Carmen? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated as this will be in less than 3 weeks.

Gracias.

MIchael Calero
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 101
Posted on Saturday, April 04, 2009 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Gayle,

I would suggest "Gourmet" in Puerto Madero, it's a "Tenedor Libre" (Buffet,not really expensive) and the place is great with excellent food wonderful selection. If I remember right it ran about 60-70 peso per person.

My group sat in the back facing the river (since we had several smokers that is where it's allow) and I believe my friend call in advance and you might be able to get the same seating inside. We had several tables in a row. There is even valent parking also.

Also, Kansas Grill in Palermo is not ultra expensive with great ribs which fall off the bone. Of course , there are other items. I think it's around 150 pesos for two person average, with a bottle of wine.
Hope that helped.

Gayle

Post Number: 59
Posted on Saturday, April 04, 2009 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Michael,

Thank you so much for this information. It is really helpful. I will definitely check it out.

Gayle

MIchael Calero
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 103
Posted on Saturday, April 04, 2009 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gayle, you are truly welcome , Have a great time with the family.

Michael

Joanna Young
Username: Amati1916

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, April 10, 2009 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll be living in Buenos Aires June - August. I'm coming as a young professional to study spanish and participate in an internship program and may try to stay in buenos aires past my internship (I was laid off in February...one of casualties of the credit / housing markets going to the toilet). In any case, I would love to know where I should go to meet people when I get there that have lived there for a while, can show me how to make the most of my 3 months there. I'll be living with a family and want to improve my spanish as much as possible but would love to meet other expats and network to learn about possible opportunities to find a way to stay or just do as much as I can in 3 months. Thanks! Great info on the forum.

Gayle

Post Number: 60
Posted on Saturday, April 11, 2009 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Joanna,

I have found an English Speaking group of expats from all over the world, very different professions, styles, who meet every Friday evening at 20 PM at a local coffee shop in Belgrano for a couple of hours and only speak English. Afterwards, around 10 PM, they all go to a local restaurant for dinner where any language you want is spoken. You have to contact them in advance to let them know you are coming. We are meeting them ourselves on May 8th.
I will give you the web site and the email address to contacts.
www.theenglishgroup.com.ar
grupo_de_ingles@hotmail.com

Have fun and hope this information helps. I did meet some expats from this forum last time we were in BA but this time have not received any responses about getting together. I think you will have better luck with the above information.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration