BA restaurants. gnocci Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Argentine Culture » BA restaurants. gnocci « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sam Baker
Username: Sambaker

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have just arrived in Buenos Aires. It is wonderful, but would love some suggestions for authentic restaurants, excellent Argentinian food in the city. I heard from a friend that gnocci is a favorite here. Where is a place to find the best. She said there was a hotel she found that had great gnocci--but I can't remember the name and haven't got her email with me. Any suggestions for exciting places that won't remind me of home in Boston would be great. Thanks.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1816
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sam, here is a little secret.

You can walk into virtually any "fonda" anywhere and eat great gnoccis as well as any other tasty dish. But if you insist on names, check Sottovoce in La Recoleta, La Parolaccia also in La Recoleta, Piegari in Posadas street and/or Cosa Nostra in Palermo. One of my favorites is Broccolino in Cordoba street (centro).

Ron Olli
Username: Rnoynet

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi!

If you do not find "gnocci" on the menu, try "ñoguis"! It´s kind of pasta served with creamy (or others) sauce. They ara based on potatoes! As Roberto told, you can get them almost everywhere.. cheap food, good solution for kids for instance!

Jan Lettinga
Username: Heart_of_argentina

Post Number: 20

Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I love to go dining at the restaurants of the Oja Group, like Alé Alé (Estado de Israel) or Los Chanchitos (Angel Gallardo 600). Great value for money and good pastas too!

argentina exchange
Username: Argentinaexchange

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hola Jan,
If you enjoy going to dinner to Ale Ale y Los Chanchitos, don't hesitate to take your "Argentina Exchange" ID and get an 15% of discount averytime you go to this places!!

Enjoy!!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration