Requirements in taking Art out of Arg... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Argentine Culture » Requirements in taking Art out of Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

MIchael Calero
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 88
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 7:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I had bought a inexpensive painting and ask what was required of me to take it out of the country. Here are the steps which are required by the Minister of Culture in obtaining a license (permit) to remove art from Argentina regardless of values as long as it is classifed as art under Law # 24.633

First: Go to the following website which is in Spanish , download the required forms....http://www.cultura.gov.ar/direcciones/?in fo=detalle&id=51&idd=5 (info is together coming out with a space)

Second: Go to Alsina 1169, cross street Lima, the office is one flight up to the left of the elevator. There is a lady there very cooperative who will help you fill out the forms if needed, take two color photos of each piece and a copy of your passport with you. Once she arranges organizes the packet, she will place it in a envelope and instruct you to take it to Av Alvear 1690 , once floor below street level, between the hours of 1000 and 1600 hours, take your flight information with you . At that location, they will take your packet of forms, and instruct you to call one day later in which time they will give you a number. With that number one has to then call it in to the lady at Alsina location make sure you get her telephone number for this.

The following business day the person who submitted the paperwork and taking the items out of the country can go and pickup the license so they can present it at EZE to custom just right of the Airlines check in. If any other person goes to pick up the license then they have to have a letter signed by the submitting person authorizing the pick up of the license.

Not a hard process but a back and forth type of thing. Yes, you might try to pack it in your luggage but, if they find it without a license well, they can remove it and it's your loss.

I didn't want to take the chance so I went through the process better safe than sorry.

Hope that will help others in the same situation. My advise is start this process at least four or five business days before taking a flight out.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration