1'st trip to Argentina Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Argentine Culture » 1'st trip to Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

charlie frank
Username: Chazman409

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can anyone recommend some Tapas restaurants and/or Tapas bars in Buenos Aires?-Thanks for the info

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 176
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You may want to check on www.los40bardetapas.com.ar in Palermo SOHO at Costa Rica 4900 (esq.Thames) - Tel: 4833-7008

Also, www.entretapasyvinos.restaurant.com.ar

charlie frank

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for your prompt reply Roberto. Jenny and I have not booked any tours ,etc. We generally stay away from the large tour operators and tend to "do our own thing". We have hired private guides. Is that something you or your firm can handle?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 177
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am like you, Charlie, so no biggie. I think we score better if we arrange an entire trip and have control over all its aspects, flights, accomodations, excursions, transfers, etc.

However, in the past we have helped some customers who needed specific things and could not get on their own. I'd say if the remaining portions of your trip are something we can easily do but you can't, then we can help. But there are other things we would not do because it just makes no sense, like purchasing bus tickets for inland trips. This is something that any visitor can do on their own.

We had cases like yours where passengers only needed flights and accomodations because they had the ground part covered. This we can do.

charlie frank

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK--we'll be staying at the Park Tower. Please give me your contact phone# in BA so we can touch base. I'm sure we'll be needing your services in some way. By the way,at this time of the year (your Spring) is it warm enough to swim at the local beaches to the South?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 179
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Beaches... I'd say no. However, there is a warm waters beach in Rio Negro, called Las grutas. That one you can try.

Erna Rosenfeld Viajes
Florida 470 - 4th fl. suite 406
Capital Federal
Tel. 4322-8147
9-6 / Mon-Fri
-------------------------------

claude Brun
Username: Charangoaficionado

Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,that is my first visit to the forum.
I plan a trip to the north west and Iguazu.
I have 2 months and I would like to know if it is easy to go to Bolivia for a few days travel (potosi and Coachabamba,Aiquile areas).As a photographer I travel slow and want to get the best of the northwest.Is Jujuy a good place to stay for a while?
Thank you for the help.
Are this dates good for the north area september october ? or it is best to come before?what is the higher tourist season?
Thank's
Claude

Allegra Burke
Username: Thegratom1

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello, My husband and I are planning our first trip to Buenos Aires, Argentina in Mar/April 2009 for the Biennial Textile Exhibit. We love train travel, historical architecture, flea markets, art galleries, food/tapas, massage, artist studios and natural wonders. We figure 6 days in BA and then possibly Rosario and Cordoba. Is Pantagonia a possibility? How far? We can visit for up to four weeks. We prefer the train but bus would also work. We live on the West coast of California so sun bathing is not important. We are in the planning stages with passports up to date. Any help will be appreciated. Thegra

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration