Can BA be the next venice? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Argentine Culture » Can BA be the next venice? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

al leong
Username: Wayfarer

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 3:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi guys,

I'm thinking with oilfield running dry worldwide and Argentina seems to be used to the crisis every now and then. Will the collapse eventually lead to mini states and pave the way for BA being the next venice of our century?
It would be more than the old world european type but a global one with many cultures.Why do I think it can happen to BA,cause the city has the potential to form an alternative currency due to distrust of their central bank..the people are living in a high trust society which clustered around family and friends like Italy..also the reason why it cannot adopt many policies which low trust societies like north america is able to.
Argentina do not have a suburban culture like the americans and this will become more of an advantage in peak oil...all this points to a future mini state like BA sprouting up..any native or expats opinions on this transformation?

WelcomeToMendoza.com
Username: Welcometomendoza

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 6:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

wow can i have some?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The city of BA may have (and had in the past) some conflicts with other power regions such as the province of BA. But this is a stretch in my view as it does not need to isolate itself this way.

Where does the notion of distrusting the central bank comes from? I am curious. Also, since you mention Italy and the italian heritage don't forget that Sicily never became a nation. Just like over there, argentines solve their differences in a different, more rudimentary way.

Geoff Pearson
Username: Gpearson

Post Number: 22
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Las Pumas 17 - France 12

Viva Argentina!!

If you can beat France Georgia should be easy, Ireland a walk in the park & then... the All Blacks!!

Good luck guys.

GP

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration