Getting married in Argentina - help! Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Blog | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Argentine Culture » Getting married in Argentina - help! « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jude OHara
Username: Jude1971

Post Number: 19

Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 5:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi
2 friends of mine want to get married in Argentina. Buenos Aires specifically, they both hold UK Passports. My brother got married here but to an Argentine but I have no idea if it is possible for 2 non Argentines to marry here.

Is it possible to get married in Buenos Aires? How do you even start finding out how to do that?

Secondly, both are secular so any ceremony would have to be without the mention of God etc.

I have no idea where to find out! Any ideas? What are the rules are regulations?

Thanks so much

Jude

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1046
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jude, call the main office for the RENAPER at 4393-0566 and ask them. You can also try the Registro Civil in Uruguay 753 at 4373-8441/45. They may not do anything to foreigners but someone may tell you exactly where to go. A civil ceremony should have no mention of god/religion. And your friends can always hire a private master of ceremony. If like in most countries they should probably need to prove some kind of stay (a day, a week, etc). Watch out for the appointment dates as there is a span of 28 days prior to the marriage date for first appointment. Foreigners non-residents only need their passports, I think. When calling, expect delays and such.

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 349

Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Jude

From what I have been told they will probably have to have an Argentine address and most likely one will have to be an Argentine citizen. In Buenos Aires province there is a waiting period which I believe is 30 days. In La Pampa province there is no waiting period. The other provinces will have their own laws much like the individual states of the US.

Marriages are performed by Judges which is Argentine federal law. You can have a wedding ceremony in a church but to get a marriage license the judge must also perform the ceremony.

María del Pilar Rodríguez
Username: María_del_pilar_r

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,
My fiancee and I are from Spain. We would like to get married in Argentina. We know that Buenos Aires is an incredible place.
Does anyone know a wedding planner who can help us with all the organization?
Thank you in advance and best!
María del Pilar

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration