Vineyard and winery in San Rafael - M... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Investment opportunities in Argentina » Vineyard and winery in San Rafael - Mendoza « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Federico
Username: Malbec

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

we (she from Germany/he from Argentina) are dreaming of buying a vineyard and a small winery in the area of San Rafael in Mendoza.

Our plan is not to compete with the big wineries in Mendoza (of course we can't) but to find some kind of niche. For example organic wines. The South of the Mendoza province is also good for growing varieties which are not that good in the North (like Riesling). Maybe combined with some services to tourists too (like B&B, wine tasting). There are such wineries near Mendoza city, but I think the idea is way underdeveloped in the area of San Rafael.

San Rafael has a huge potential for tourism. The "route of wine" is almost undeveloped there. The Ca�on del Atuel is just phantastic and only a few minutes away...the ski-resort Las Le�as is only 2 hours drive away. Windsurf, white-waters rafting also possible. The city is relaxed and the views around the city just stunning.

We are not interested in developing the winery and selling it quickly just to make some money, but rather in doing what we like , having fun and living happily.

We'd like to find people who share our enthusiasm for wine, for nature and for Mendoza who might be interested in joining us in this project.

If you're interested just send a PM or write at the email address of my profile.

Thank you!

Robbie
Username: Ganavan

Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Federico,
I have recently bought some property in San Rafael. I live in the UK but will move there eventually. I am Argentine born too. There may be some common ground between us, so would like to communicate and speak about it.
I currently also deal in wine in the UK so there are synergies to be harnessed.
Hope to hear from you here or by email.
Saludos

Tom Woodson
Intermediate Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 147

Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Robbie.
What are your plans for the San Rafael property.
Thanks

Robbie
Username: Ganavan

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Tom,
I have no definite plans for the totality of the land. I have them working already (two fincas), but would need a partner to invest in some way to develop the vines which I yet do not have. Anybody with interest out there? All Federico says about San Rafael is true including the opportunities.

Apartmentsba.com
Username: Saint

Post Number: 93

Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A good contact in Mendoza is David English. His website is http://www.english-associates.com A good contact in San Rafael is Dan Hathway - His website is http://www.andinoproperty.com Also, I just sold the Mendoza franchise of my company to some sharp Americans. It will be at www.apartmentsmendoza.com

I always believe in the power of networking. Contact those gentlemen/companies above and maybe it will be of use to you all. All of those companies listed above are owned by Americans who have good reputations in what they do.

Good luck.

Tom Woodson
Intermediate Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 219

Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I highly recommend you read this if you are interested in buying or have bought property in Medoza for the wine business.

http://www.escapeartist.com/OREQ23/Argentina_Wine.html

(Message edited by admin on October 07, 2006)

Dana C Booze
Username: Boozed

Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Everyone,
I'm hoping that people are still looking at this board. Any how, I am wondering if anyone is still interested in setting up a partnership. It would be smarter for me to partner with someone that knows the culture and business of Argentina. It would be more of a cash investment at first, but I'm very interested in acquring a vineyard or bodega. If anyone is interested in speaking more, please let be know at boozed@dteenergy.com

Mr. Dana C Booze

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration