Relocating near the ocean. Moving to ... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Investment opportunities in Argentina » Relocating near the ocean. Moving to Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 289
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

New thread

vayacondios
Username: Vayacondios

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 3:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
hi--ok -well it seems everyone here is preety informed.So,maybe i can get some help and advice.I am extremely interested in south america.And argentina seems good or perhaps other options are wiser(i have lived in central america before)--

I am not that interested in making big real estate money--but am curious is it possible to buy (or perhaps renting is a better option for me)-a house with some land possibly near the ocean for very cheap-and i mean really really cheap--60 000 or less or at very low long term rent.

I am looking to live long term in such a place.any business idea i may venture would be small scale(such as small school,guesthouse,nothing of grand riches--just to pay the bills)Or for that matter finding outside work to help pay the bills.(i've been a teacher,ran schools,restaurants,bars,theatre companies,writer,made films,owned a gallery,etc etc)

If this seems naive,my apologies--but i'm curious.So any info,advice ,help, you can give-(or suggestions of other options that would able one to live and sustain oneself in south america)--will be appreciated--or perhaps you can lay it on the line--and just tell me -i'm in dream land--
anyway cheers and thanks>

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 290
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

vayacondios, I moved your inquiry to this new thread...

When you say 'near the ocean' you mean on the beaches?

Buenos Aires (the city) is also near the ocean. If what you want is to relocate and establish a place of business on a beach you might be able to find a cheap house south of Buenos Aires but you may have to spend considerable time researching real estate. A good friend of mine is very familiar with Mar del Plata and can help you. As for establishing any kind of business on the beaches the answer is that it is tricky. Most beaches depend on the summer season (about 3 months) for their income, even more so those that are large. A food place, a theater or anything that deals with entertainment are all valid business models that you can pursue during the beach season. If you are serious about this you may have to spend a little money and check the ground for yourself. Mar del Plata may offer you cheap lodging near the ocean and a fairly important consumer market to which you can cater. This is as much I can say...

vayacondios

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

thank you ,Roberto--and yes,i'd be interested in somehow contacting your friend.-and when you ask do i mean the beaches--the answer is yes,but does not have to be a thriving or tourist beach--it can be a quiet,less frequented place,or even a fishermans cove/beach--however,not too far off the beaten track and hopefully close enough to some town or community .and yes land would be good too(even if that is pushing it)

my hope is that any venture i may pursue would be for local community and residents,not just the beach season.

perhaps a cafe,or a small(low cost for students))school(language and perhaps other disciplines or skills if possible) for locals-

and ,in reality,perhaps renting long term is more feasable than buying(especially at first).and as absurd as this sounds--even,(if possible to convert and be licensed or used as a venue/business), a warehouse,or barn,or empty shell would do--as long as there was somewhere for me to reside--close or near by .

there is a method(and plan) to my madness-I would like a place that works with the community and offers a small service or business that can pay the bills,expenses etc.And,if need be,obtain other work to keep it going.

why? because i have done this before in other places in the world-and i like it--but i'm still looking for the place to do it for more than a few years and then set up again--and south america appeals to me(culturally,artiscally,climatically and so on).

at present i am in china--and yes-i have a cafe and school here---but the mind set is different here--and am willing to move on after the summer or at the approriate time.

sorry,if this is long winded,or seems unrealistic,with touches of alturism,--but i am curious and there is serious intent if its feasable,as well as,a view beyond the idealism to a viable and workable business plan

thanks again--for any suggestions,info and help---appreciated---salud

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 292
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You will do fine.
Try contacting Viviana at viv_tour/@/hotmail.com. Tell her you got her email from this forum and ask her about real estate in Mar del Plata. Her father might now or may be able to recommend something since he is very familiar with the area. At least this is a start. Good luck!

vayacondios

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 2:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

thanks roberto-I will email--the address you gave-if i have other queries -i shall post them here---

one is(even though I will contact your friend)--what kind of rent do you suppose one would pay for the land house water possibility?-(if that is a possibility).--thanks for you info and suggestions-muchly appreciated.-cheers.sebastian

oh p.s--i noticed in my email box through this forum--a message from someone about china investment--that is not connected to me at all(just thought i'd mention that-since i mentioned i was in china and noticed that post soon after--and also i am sure it is something to be wary of--most things in china are--doing business here is hell and never what it seems--but i digress)
----------mucho gracias----for your help------vaya con dios.---sebastian

vayacondios

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Roberto--The e-mail address you gave does not work--is there something left out of the address--i have tried 3 times--perhaps it needs the country letters? or a different type of hyphen and not an underscore?-please let me know when you can--thanks

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 294
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

VCD, I tried to avoid the real address to prevent bots picking it up. Did you take out the forward slashes? If not, replace the above address as follows:

myemail@hotmail.com FOR myemail/@/hotmail.com

See if that works.

vayacondios

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yes--i took out the slashes--could it maybe--hotmail.com.arg(or some abreviation for argentina--or possibly not a .com----i have some address that are .uk or .ca and the like--or is it a hyphen and not an underscore?)--unless of course your telling me i SHOULD use "myemail"(which i am sure your not--)
below are the 3 ways i tried -and the messages i got back
Delivery to the following recipients failed.

viv_tour/@/hotmail.com

viv_tour@hotmail.com

viv_tour@hotmail.com
also should be noted--the notification came back from different places/sites--i'll list those too below
Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
postmaster@OMC1-S16.phx.gbl
postmaster@OMC1-S21.phx.gbl
postmaster@mail.hotmail.com

perhaps--its something simple--(or perhaps i am missing something obvious--)

to make a fail safe--i will send my email--to your admin line--and if somehow i can't get through to her--perhaps--you can forward--one of my addresses--and then perhaps--it will allow me to reply--)actually--just before that-i'll try one more time--maybe --there was some block up--(it does happen in china : ))-- WELL--i'm back--and unless there sleeping i think i---oh --hang on---NO It failed--just got the message--i shall send my email to you then---unless the problem can be traced and fixed this may be another altrnative --And once Again----thanks for your help--apoligies for the bother ---but anyway--i;m sure it'll resolve--and contact will happen--it's not a huge rush anyway--patience is a virtue(so i've been told)--on that note--salud--and xin nian kuale--which is chinese for Happy ("chinese") New Year--Welcome to the year of the Dog!! vaya con dios

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 301
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ok, I just hang up with her. You are right. She has a new email address. Her name is Viviana Ivaldi and she can be reached at

viivaldi@hotmail.com

for any real estate inquiry in Buenos Aires or nearby. Her dad has a really good knowledge of the most important beaches. This can be a start....

vayacondios

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

thanks and cheers

Vaya Con Dios
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

Tom Woodson
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 16

Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hola Vaya Con Dios
Hmmm I will have to think about that

If you are still looking and could go as high as 65,000 US dollars I can fix you up. Not right on the ocean but a short walk and you are there.

Email me if you are interested

Hasta Luego
Tom

vayacondios

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 2:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

really? interesting-- it is something i think about--but not being a wealthy person--i have to keep considering the viability of such an option--and as i have heard---you need all the cash up front--correct?--would it be impossible to put down like 20 000 us-- and buy it over a period of time--or what about long term lease? 10-20 years--? as noted--i am in china- i have a small business here--cafe/bar--but in china these kind of things don't make the money like istanbul or other places where i have set them up-
please keep in contact--it may be pie in the sky--but i would never waste your time ---i need to reflect on a few things--and also know options down there. Whereever i go--i need to work with the local people and or communities---e.g in the cafe /bar and with charities and or the arts--theatre -plays---independent film.-and the like
so thats about my info--
thanks for the contact
cheers

Tom Woodson
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 17

Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vaya Con Dios
The stage is being set. We are looking for a strong US bank to set up a branch in the Development. We would like a mortgage style bank as we have in the US.
As for cafe's, they are the heart of Buenos Aires. You find them everywhere. Little shops here and there on every street. My partner tells me that we have to have a Starbucks. I would like to see several different cafes like in Buenos Aires city.
You sound quite talanted and I am guessing a letitimate contender to be a valued member of our little community.
I like this blog and will be around I think for a while. Right now I have some slow time but it will speed up
I will call you a new friend aka nuevo amigo if you do not mind.
Hasta Luego
Tom

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration