Real Estate During Inflation 末> Hype... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Investment opportunities in Argentina » Real Estate During Inflation 末> Hyperinflation « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob Warner
Username: Ltlredwagon

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm seeking historical information on what happens in the real estate market (homes, residential income property, commercial property) during hyperinflationary times and the run-up to such times such as occurred in Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, etc. My wife and I have a small business and have a few income properties and are just looking to be smart and help others be smart in these unusual times we are now all experiencing in the U.S.. I'm looking for hard data on what actually happened values, liquidity, mortgages, rental/lease income, foreclosures, etc.. I would like to learn from those who went through it, whether they did well, "survived" or suffered, and what they learned, what they would have done differently. I'm guessing most U.S. citizens (and all political officials) are as good at whistling past the graveyard as those in other countries and won't spot the problems until it is too late. I'd rather be prepared. Can anyone refer me to sources of such information?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob Frassinetti
Username: Frassinetti

Post Number: 70

Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, I remember the crises 2001, here in Argentina, it痴 one of the frequent and continuing occurrences of economic waves, its ups and downs, so, as to what I would have done, in all the crises I lived through if I had been thoughtful I would have SOLD EVERYTHIG, to SELL all properties when they where HIGH or are still High, as well as all my ANIQUES and ART and most of all shares and Wall Street type investments,.. turn them into GOLD, as now not even the Euro or USD Dollar will hold up,.

Prices in the supermarkets would change from morning to afternoon, money was only worth something to nearly nothing, prices of the Apartments dropped daily as the Peso dropped, no one was able to sell, companies just closed there doors, and people where left out of work, selling anything they had for a bag of food at the supermarket as that痴 where the cash was used,.. and I would move to some out of the way village or small town, where I could survive exchanging goods with the neighbors for food,.. second hand items, like fridges, cycles, etc become a BIG market, as they are assessable for less than the new ones,. As well as buying JEWLEARY!

Doomsday!

Meantime, ...............

Read daily Up Dates on Art and Antiques for Buenos Aires, Argentina http://www.frassinetti.biz
Argentina also exports antiques over 100 years old with the help of Bob Frassinetti Read all about the South of South Amerca, Argentina, chile and Uruguay on this link.

Updated and new web site, The Buenos Aires Toy Museum, Argentina

Chat some more soon, ................................ Bob Frassinetti.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration