New Zona de Seguridad Resolution Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Investment opportunities in Argentina » New Zona de Seguridad Resolution « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Living in Patagonia
Intermediate Member
Username: Soulskier

Post Number: 123
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Big news in the famous "zona de seguridad". Apparently foreigners will be able to automaticly get title without waiting for authorization. For more info and to download the resolution in Spanish, go to our blog.

Living in Patagonia
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 124
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would have thought this would have illicted some response?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am always skeptical of the argentine version for "automatically approved". Good information on your blog.

Living in Patagonia
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 125
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto, I couldn't agree with you more. The only thing automatic in Argentina is that things won't be automatic in Argentina.

WTMendoza.com
Advanced Member
Username: Welcometomendoza

Post Number: 420

Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have been SWAMPED and continue to be so over the last many weeks, thus not being able to dedicate time I want to this message board currently. This legislation has been pushed for many years now. It was started because private developments along the Andes, that including marketing to foreigners, have been very frustrated at the old laws which call for so much time to wait to get title, not to mention the unusual and unacceptable extra delay pile-up starting in 2003/4 that is finally starting to unwind to more acceptable wait times.

This doesnt make it any easier for a foreign developer to buy raw land and create a community, but the goal here is to make it very quick for a retail buyer of a lot. It's about time they got this underway, and it was only a matter of time before
master investors of these communities along the Andes made their way to the lawmakers since they are selling so slow to foreigners due to the delays. A step in the right direction! Good job Jamie posting the latest update!

Mark
Intermediate Member
Username: Lostintheandes

Post Number: 116
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Patigonia, sorry I noted it and read your info.; Then got hung up reading your web site as I usually do when I go to it, as I find it most interesting. Anyways when I finally do buy something I am looking at more than a media hectare as I would like to grow some grapes. It may not be this year though as the prices I see are off their highs of last year and I expect them to continue to fall. mark

Living in Patagonia
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 127
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mark, sorry to distract you with the blog. When we owned Finca Paz y Amor, outside San Rafael, it wasn't inside the zona. In fact, as a rule of thumb, everything east of Ruta 40 is not in the Frontier area.

As far as purchasing a vineyard, the buyers of our farm just received 1.15 pesos/kilo for Chardonnay this year. Olives are paying really well, I would consider those too. Especially when petro is consumed, could be in high demand in the future.

WTM, one small step for man, .....

Living in Patagonia
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 130
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

An update. Yesterday I was in our escribania's office and we are on track to sign shortly. Just waiting on deuda de libre.

The escribano went on to say it is definetly the new rule. As long as the property is less than 5000 meters and not used for commercial purposes, foreigners now get automatic clearance.

Living in Patagonia
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 133
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Update, we just recieved a note from the minister of the interior confirming we will be getting clearance. This is in addition to our escribania's verbal word.

Said another way, foreigners buying less than 5,000 meters in the Zona has just become automatic approval!

WTMendoza.com
Advanced Member
Username: Welcometomendoza

Post Number: 453

Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Excellent and congratulations Soulskier

This new rule we can thank largely the large Argentine investors who have bought property for development along the Andes.

Prior to this it was mostly foreigners buying the development land and trying to sell the lots, but could not get far far with this annoying rule of zona frontera approval for their retail foreign clients.

Once the Argentine investors started buying tracts of land to do the same, they used their Argentine connections to really push this key change in the law, that last thing they want is a another palo en la rueda when trying to make a buck!:-)

Living in Patagonia
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 134
Posted on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I will be sure to thank the large Argentine investors. And Cristina can thank me, as we continue to provide jobs and stimulate the local economy in return.

Living in Patagonia
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 137
Posted on Friday, May 15, 2009 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We signed our escritura today!!!!!!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1855
Posted on Monday, May 18, 2009 - 3:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Congrats!

Living in Patagonia
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 139
Posted on Monday, May 18, 2009 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Roberto!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration