Inflation targeting - Global inflation Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Investment opportunities in Argentina » Inflation targeting - Global inflation « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1531
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Arial asked in the past about governments creating/focusing on inflation. Here is a comprehensive explanation on why central banks would try to reach an inflation target and why.

http://www.henryckliu.com/page153.html
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arial
Intermediate Member
Username: Arial

Post Number: 155

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Many thanks, Roberto for the great web sites you give us. I intend to search the site one day and try to list them all. Especially the Argentina gov web sites you come up with.

I understand what causes inflation, how our money is created since we went off the gold and silver standard, and that the "money" they have loaned people never existed until it was "created" by the central bankers when it was entered on a ledger sheet. It is not money that something was produced for or that anyone ever deposited. This is what prompted my question. Putting that all together, I wonder if the banks really lose anything since the money never existed to start with.

I might not have been clear. If the answer is in the web site you sent, I will read it asap. Thanks again. Arial

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration