San rafael Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Investment opportunities in Argentina » San rafael « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

marshall de leon
Username: Caceo

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hi there,
i am a U.S. citizen looking to buy some} land in San rafael. Does the situation with Patagonia affect this region. Is it possible for a foreigner to hold title to land there?

Arial
Username: Arial

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Marshall, my understanding is that San Rafael is not in the Zona Seguridad. I have also talked with one US couple that bought and are successfully operating a small farm in San Rafael with no problem. However, I have learned the hard way that in Latin America you can pay 4 lawyers to advise you and later find out that they were ALL wrong! I do think that you can safely look at that area though. I too am considering San Rafael. Arial

marshall de leon

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Arial. After doing a little more checking, I see that you are correct. I want to be sure before I race in there, spend money to find I have nothing...
Can anyone else give me an enlightened view of San Rafael? is it a good place to buy?

Robbie
Username: Ganavan

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Marshal,
There are about 300 foreigners living in San Rafael. Most are North Americans. Others include British, French, Dutch, Irish, German. The place is strategically located on the same latitude as Buenos Aires and has good road and air access. It also has access to Chile that will become more important as the road at the Pehuenche pass is paved.
It has several industries: wine, fruit, mining and their offshoots for processing, etc. It has about 170k inhabitants. It is cooler than Mendoza being at a slightly southerly latitude. It has several different tourist attractions although these are -I think- a bit underdeveloped in some areas. It has a young population with University education. There are generally "good vibes" without the flashiness of Buenos Aires or the Aristocratic background of the city of Mendoza.
The proof though, is in the travelling there!

Robbie
Username: Ganavan

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I forgot something I heard the other day: it is "carbon neutral" as all of its electricity comes from about 8 hydroelectric stations on the two main rivers.

marshall de leon

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Robbie,
much appreciated....sounds great. I will check it out...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration