Argentina get ready. We will be back... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Blog | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Testimonials » Argentina get ready. We will be back... « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adrian Latimer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Erna,

Just back from Argentina to a rather cool, grey Paris. Many thanks for organising such a great trip - everything went smoothly: at every airport/hotel there was a taxi waiting, all the flights were ok and on time(!), plus all the excursions.

Iguazu was great, both Argentine & Brazilian sides. We also took the Gran Aventura which was a lot of fun - we got very wet! I stay in many smart hotels round the world on business, but the Kosten Aike in El Calafate is now a firm favourite (and the cheapest by far). It was beatifully done, and of course Upsala and the Perito Moreno glaciers are truly spectacular. We were also surprised by how nice the town was, and how well organised and caring (of the environment) all the tourism was in the national parks. And as I know from previous trips, everyone was welcoming and friendly.

We added a 4WD trip inland behind/above El Calafate which was an eye opener - more like the Grand Canyon/desert than the environs of Lago Argentino. Great views too.

In Buenos Aires we ate the 'baby beef'(bife de chorizo) at La Cabana, and it was so good I cancelled my beloved Cabana las Lillas to eat there again - fabulous meat and great wine selection. For those in the know the 96 Finca Los Nobles Malbec-Verdot from Luigi Bosca and the bife is top class, really.

So, we had a great time - even without a fishing rod. Cant wait to get back to Argentina/Patagonia, hopefully in March in Santa Cruz on the Rio Gallegos...

thanks again
adrian & kathy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adrian Latimer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration