Understanding Travelsur Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Blog | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Testimonials » Understanding Travelsur « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Susan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for the extension on the payment. I'll get that to you as soon as possible. You have been great about this whole situation - and very helpful.

I am a little confused....are you also a travel agent in Miami? Do you normally accept credit cards for payments on trips booked from the U.S.? Is Paypal always the method of payment? Why I'm asking is that I foresee future business for our family between the U.S. and Argentina, and would like to have a "regular" agent to contact as needed.

Usually I just surf the net looking for the best deals - wherever they may be. I originally contacted TravelSur because of the information you had on fishing...so don't know if packages are your specialty or if you are normally available for general travel help. I actually was quite surprised when your mother jumped in to help with the flights. We already had a big part of the trip planned, but regardless, Erna spent a great deal of time helping with the flight portion, which is the biggest headache always...

Again, I travel a great deal and normally book everything directly myself, but feel TravelSur is an outstanding company based on the customer service I have received - and will highlight this experience in the article about the trip. Thank you again. Susan.

roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Susan, I appreciate your warm compliments. Here are a few parragraphs that will put things into perspective.

No, we are not a Travel agency in Miami or anywhere in the US. This is an argentine based company. Erna has been a travel agent for more than 30 years and "Erna Rosenfeld Viajes S.A." -her company- has been in business since 1995. In the state of Florida we registered the name "Travelsur.net" and we got a commercial license in Miami-Dade county to operate as dba Travelsur.net, which only allows us to answer the phone and provide customer service. We have some clerical work done here only in relation to trips to Argentina, like managing the flow of payments, etc. We have chosen a different name so that we could implement a sound online strategy.

I, myself, have a full time job as a webmaster unrelated to what Erna does. So I am basically helping her, bringing in leads and answering questions if need arises. It is always easier for potential american prospects to contact someone in the US.

We have recently got our own merchant account and are now able to process ALL credit cards online, including american express. We now have a form which customers can fill in and pay us online. So no paypal hassles. The payment page (downpayments) is secure and works behind 128 bit encryption and since we do not store credit card numbers the risks are low.

As per your inquiry about Erna being available, yes, she is always available for general travel questions. She actually specialized over the decades on international tourism and traveled extensively. It is only in the last 3 years she devoted more efforts to develop the "argentine" side of her business and since she knows everybody down there it is easy for her. And no, we are not experts in fishing trips but are in contact with all operators and know quite a few guides that can help us out.

Erna is devoted to her customers as you have noticed. So, yes, she will be happy to check on these new flight inquiries. I will pass this inquiry to her today. She has AMADEUS set up at her home too, so I am sure she will be checking on this in the next few hours but probably contact you on Monday. Take care and thank you!

(Message edited by admin on December 31, 2005)

Susa n
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration