Buying Real Estate in Buenos Aires - ... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Lodging and Accomodations » Buying Real Estate in Buenos Aires - HELP!!! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Justin Reimanes
Username: Justofftheboat

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just a quick plug. I found buenosairesstay.com and rented an apartment in Hollywood - it has a fire!!!! I must say that this company is really very good. Most professional. They are BRITISHHHHHHHHHHHH - very!

However, my main point! I want to buy an apartment, I am not interested in hearing from agents, believe me, after three months looking I know what's on the market and I have been to every agent in the barrio/s and I am on 31 lists - I hate Realtors!!!!

500K, 300sqm + outside pace - Recoleta/barrio Norte, border Palermo YES, Centro NO - NO NO Agents.

(Message edited by admin on June 14, 2009)

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1862
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Please no more links to that company or I will soon take action. Other than this, good luck with your search.

(Message edited by admin on June 14, 2009)

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1863
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And I should add... no playing games with titles. If you are here to buy, you could have used the proper title.

Justin Reimanes

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I fail to understand your point Roberto? I am merely giving the benefit of my recent experience, people are obviously interested and I have a view, sorry I thought that the point of these forums. It is very difficult to find quality companies that do exactly what they state they will. Are you referring to my name or my chosen title? I am confused?

My name is only third generation and like many Jews that came from Europe it underwent a change! There are only two families on earth with my name - that is all that is left - research - Canada and New Zealand.

RentingBA
Username: Rentingba

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think every member of this forum know the rules. So I don't think you should play dumb.

Posting the same commercial link over and over again on separate threads on the same forum within a 24 hour period is considered SPAMMING.

That is what you were starting to do and that is the Roberto called you on it.

He does it once or twice a month when people get out of hand with it. He is actually very tolerant.

Most people are polite enough to either admit it and apologize, or just stop doing it.

Maybe you should have more respect for someone who is providing us such a useful information filled space.

Thanks,

RBA

Justin Reimanes

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, that you all feel that way. As you might see, I am new to this forum and quite new to posting to forums, playing dumb no. I posted my points in less than one hour. I only realised how one might actually link to a website during my last thread, so your accusation is factually incorrect and the tone of your retort rude and unnecessary. I was told to post to this forum because many people use it to sell/buy property. I have taken the time to write about Buenos Aires Stay a very good company I discovered late in my foray into apartment rental. I get the impression you seek to discredit me? Why?

Justin Reimanes

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh! I see, RentingBA - silly me I am recommending your competitor maybe?

RentingBA
Username: Rentingba

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Competitor ?

There are 1000+ short term rental companies in BA.

So no.

My points were made and quite clear. All the forum members who follow the rules and are respectful to the owner understood them.

You are welcome to draw your own conclusions.

Kind Regards,

RBA.

Justin Reimanes

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have, and hope that seasoned forum professionals approach us 'newbies' a little more gently. I have been reading the contents of this amazing resource most of the day. This forum compared to the many others is a rare gem and one that I now value. A lot of hard work and quality research has obviously been the ticket. Breaking the rules was not my intention and certainly not my aim. I am sure that you might agree, it is very difficult to find quality providers in Buenos Aires, that is my experience of the last 4 months. I am simply sharing my recent success and offering a valuable anecdotal view.

My best,

Just

MIchael Calero
Intermediate Member
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 108
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Justin, the most simplest thing was to say sorry and that's it. There isn't any need to get into a altercation or give wise remarks when you yourself mentioned you was new at this forum and didn't know the rules. We are a happy forum here where we share information.

Justin Reimanes

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

well - very simply - sorry. Done. Whilst I have a little attention, my I ask if anyone knows of a good dentist, I walked into sign in San Telmo and my tooth is loose!

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1865
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

@ Justin

Just for the sake of avoiding future arguments... If you title your thread as "Renting? Try XXXX / Buying - HELP!!!" your message gets intertwined with the facts of looking for help in a real estate transaction (your apparent goal) and recommending a rental place in disguise. It is very clear at the registration point -where you have agreed to terms- that linking out at the beginning of a membership is strictly forbidden. Given the title and the links on all your threads on your first day, I can't give you the benefit of the doubt.

As for such company, I do not like them. I had business with them in the past and was greatly disappointed so as you can see opinions abound. But I do not what to make a case of it. In the end, people must find what works for them and my situation may have just been unique. There is more information on dentistry here:

http://www.travelsur.net/forum/messages/199/1425.h tml
http://www.travelsur.net/forum/messages/199/598.ht ml
http://www.travelsur.net/forum/messages/199/598.ht ml
http://www.travelsur.net/forum/messages/199/838.ht ml
http://www.travelsur.net/forum/messages/199/198.ht ml

Justin Reimanes

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I will not link again, I will not innocently mix my posts.

I can tell you though, I have rented a few apartments now and the owners of Buenos Aires Stay are a different class. They bought the biz 18 months ago so not sure how old your experience of the company is, as the original business has been around for a while I think.

That is why I have raved about them. I am sorry that my recommendation caused such a reaction and will be more careful in the future. Many thanks for the kind information on dentistry. I am in a bit of discomfort and must get it sorted AM tomorrow.

Justin Reimanes

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for all your help guys, I still have not found my dream apartment and might add that I am going to have a one month break as it has become and bitter disappointment trying to tick all the boxes. I am tired. But if anyone has an apartment that meets my criteria above please shout!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration