Cheap, small city to practice spanish? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » Cheap, small city to practice spanish? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lindsay McMahon
Username: Eagles10s

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am looking for a small city or town to spend about three weeks in January- February.

I am trying to get away from the heat, high cost of living, touristy scene in BA and find a town where I can have more opportunities to practice spanish, live more cheaply (in a hostel or possibly with a family) and maybe participate in some volunteer work experience. I am trying to avoid high costs of travel, so preferably somewhere within a days busride of BA.

If you have any ideas please let me know, thanks so much!

Adam Williams
Username: Adjwilli

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Corbado isn't small but it's very nice and much cheaper. There's lot of things to do around there if you're into outdoorsy activities.

If you go to Patagonia it will likely be as expensive or more so than BsAs, making Cordoba a good option too.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1446
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Also, check out Rosario. Very cool stuff there and close to BA. But if you are looking for smaller, smaller, smaller then you'll be better off looking into the miriad of tiny towns south of Buenos Aires. One that comes to mind is La Brava, close to Balcarce... or Balcarce itself.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration