Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Travel Tips » 1 week in Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

michelle bartolo
Username: Michellebartolo

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,

My husband and I (adventurous 30-somethings) will be travelling from Peru, possibly Bolivia through Argentina and across to Santiago late April. We have approximately 1 week in Argentina and am wondering how to best see the hightlights that would follow this route in this short space of time.

Things we're primarily interested in include BA and the wine country. We'd love to stay on a ranch too - any recommendations?

Suggestions on whether we should fly some sectors or overland would also be appreciated.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Michelle and welcome!

Are you crossing the border from Bolivia? How are you entering Argentina? If through Bolivia I suggest you explore the "valles calchaquies" region and some of the Cuyo area till you get to Santiago. But to be precise we need to know how are you getting to Chile too. Will you be doing this by car, bus? If you have no travel plans for Argentina and are planning to fly Bolivia > Buenos Aires, then it will make more sense to stay 2 or 3 night in BA, do the ranch thing and then fly to Mendoza/San Juan and experience some of the wine tours there to finally cross into Chile.

michelle bartolo
Username: Michellebartolo

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Plans have changed slightly... We're now flying from Lima to BA with 7 days in Argentina. So far we're planning on 3-4 nights in BA, a 1-night stay at an Estancia (any comments on the B&B Solar Soler or Posada de la Luna in BA, or the Estancia La Cinacina?). Then we'll fly to Mendosa for 2 nights and go overland to Santiago for 2 nights.

Is this the best use of our time? We have 2 days in Santiago where perhaps we could go and do the winery tour if you think we should spend 2 days elsewhere in Argentina instead of Mendoza. Similarly, we could just do a day tour to the Estancia to give us an extra night elsewhere. Perhaps Mar del Plata, Bariloche or the Lakes District?

Many thanks for your help!
Michelle

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1057
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You won't be able to do 1 night in the Lake District. The logistics are not there. You will arrive late, spend the night, tour all day and perhaps miss the plane back. Bariloche and the surrounding areas are not that close to Buenos Aires. Mar del Plata could be an option if you do a bus overnight or early in the morning but I don't like this idea too much. I think 4 nts in BA (which includes a day visit to a ranch and a full day tour to Colonia, Uruguay) plus 3 nts in Mendoza will cover a lot of ground = BA, Uruguay, Mendoza. In Mendoza, there is a lot more to do than just wine tours and plenty of outdoors. Alternatively, you can switch the day tour for the ranch for an overnight stay. Same can be done with Colonia, Uruguay. So you can play a little with this. As for ranches, I am familiar and can recommend Cina Cina but the other ones might do. I just don't know.

Bariloche and nearby areas are not worth seeing in 1 day. Just not worth it. We recommend a minimum of 4 nights.

Ailleen
Username: Aileen

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 5:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi

I think Travailing is the one of the important in our life. It more useful to us. Some of the travel program are memorable situations in our life.It is the so useful to us every person can do the travel program.

-------------
Aileen

Travel Deals

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration