Insects wanted from Argentina Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Investment opportunities in Argentina » Insects wanted from Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chreisben
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello

My name is Christian Ludwig. Iím an insect enthusiast from Germany mainly interested in ants. Iím always searching for new contacts from all over the world, which are able to offer ant queens or nucleus colonies.

Ant breeding is a growing hobby here in Germany. So if you are able to supply any ant species (except of known pest ants) please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hope to hear from you

Thanks

Christian Ludwig
ANT-Breeding DE

Dinka T Franklin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 3:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi mr Christian,
got ur mail bbut can't be elaborate but i ust have to go to the point so as to have time to satisfy other customers.we can get u any insects of ur choice.Just open up & tell us ur desire. My contact is 237 783 59 38 & email is tarhf@yahoo.com.

Tony
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have seen your ad just in time to help out I have recently had an ant queen and many other interesting types of ants in an ant hill that we burst open while digging a new road here. I hope you will be very interested in the ants. I will tell you now how the ants will reach you. There is a group of Bassel missionaries from Konstanz here in Cameroon and if you can purchase these ants I will send them through these people and you will either have to take them up at their church at Konstanz or I will have to pay them to send the ants to your address.
contact me at grachius@surfbirder.com
thanks

Tom Woodson
Intermediate Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 221

Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I personnally believe it should be illegal and probably is to transplant insects from one country to another.

Many years ago the University of Florida was doing research on ways to fight mosquitos. They had a strange looking flying thing called lovebugs imported from somewhere in the world. They thought the love bug would eat the mosquito larve. Well not only did it not do that but somehow the insect got loose, some say it was intentionally done, but now the love bug is as big a pest as the mosquito. There are no natural enemies that control the love bug so it spread rapidy and can be found all over Florida and is spreading all over the south. It is as far west as Texas now. They swam in the air and when you run into a bunch with your auto they get all over the windshield and front of the car. They have so much acidity in thier bodies that they will eat the paint off your vehicle if you do not get them off fairly soon.

Just one horror story about bringing in anything to a new habitat. The government is spending millions in the Everglades trying to get rid of the mallaluca, a good for nothing tree which is spreading like wildfire and taking over the natural habitat. Also there are exotic fishes that are crowding out the game fish, bass and other pan fish in the Glades. And the once pet pythons that get so big the owners can't keep them are let losse in the glades and attack the natural inhabitants. I have seen one that killed itself by trying to swallow an aligator that it killed but got its revenge by choking the python.

Speaking of ants, the fire ant has spread out of the Amazon in South America through central America, Mexico and into the states.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration