How to open a company for foreigners? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Investment opportunities in Argentina » How to open a company for foreigners? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Trangle
Username: Trangle

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

As a foreigners who owns work permit visa in Argentina, I'm considering to open my first company here.How much paperwork I have to deal with for my company? Do i have to find some resident partner for the startup?

Thanks in advance
More details, much better!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1818
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome! I am pretty sure the President of the company has to be argentine or at least a permanent resident, as a DNI with a local address is required. Do you have this? Then, it may work out. As for paperwork, yes, there is plenty BUT if you find a notary or esq that is familiar with setting up corps then it should be done within a few weeks or less. However, given your "foreigner" status there may be a few more steps I am not familiar with. If you do not have someone helping you out I can recommend (by PM) a trustworthy person.

miracleshsq
Username: Miracleshsq

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, I do not have any friends here to clarify the process for me to open my company, especially now my visa will get expired this May. I even have no idea about if it's allowable for foreigners like me who owns work permit visa here to open business here.

btw, I will get DNI this December,but not a permanent resident. Is it compulsive that the creator of a company must be argentine or at least a permanent resident?

and another question is how about the possibility if I found a local argentine as my partner?

Thanks again

Trangle

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, miracleshsq who posted last message is one of my friends here. He come out the questions for me.

Thanks

Trangle

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

To Riberto:

Could you please tell me the trustworthy person you recommend to me?

WTMendoza.com
Advanced Member
Username: Welcometomendoza

Post Number: 372

Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Trangle, good luck, and don't forget to line up your quality legal and accounting professionals in Argentina so you can be properly informed the best you can be. If you are in Argentina already, this gets much easier as you can interview in person potential candidates, at least 3 for legal and 3 for accounting, and try to make sure at least one professional each of each of those two categories are recommendations from your current legal and accounting resources in your home country.

Trangle

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Welcometomendoza:

Why legal and accounting professionals are so important for a new startup in Argentina?

Pacopancho
Username: Pacopancho

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 4:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am an argentine citizen and am planning to move to Argentina next year. I am interested in setting up a book company that will probably import Christian and English Teaching books from abroad as well as possibly print some in Argentina. How difficult do you think it would be to set up such a business? Any ideas of the costs? I would be interested, Roberto, in your contact via PM so that I can get more information and start working on this project. Thanks.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1835
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, Paco. I will pm you soon.

phil baxter
Username: Baxbax

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Having read the guidelines on setting up a business in Argentina it is a bit off-putting to say the least, especially as we only need two people to work for us.

Does anyone know if it is possible to directly employ Argentinian residents by an overseas company (without registering a branch or subsidiary)? We are in the UK, and I believe there is a bilateral tax agreement.

The people in Argentina have proposed a 'sub-contract' type agreement, where they would set themselves up under the monotribute (spelling?) scheme and then settle their own taxes; but I understand the amounts they could be paid under this are lower than we expect their packages to be. Also, if they work just for us, I would expect they could in any case be treated as 'de facto' employees.

Any advice gratefully received!

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1840
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Phil, welcome! I think there is a precise way to determine if your "employees" are really employed by you. Laws cover this because of proof needed in a court. For one, they should be working at *your office* for a certain amount of days per month or hours per day, if not using your equipment full time. This is just one example. The monotributo deal could be a good thing for both of you but specially for you because I think workers are then considered like independent contractors. This protects you. And this is as much as I can say. Best would be to contact an argentine labor attorney.

phil baxter
Username: Baxbax

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 5:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Roberto. I have been talking to a labor attorney, but it is all a bit murky!

My real question is so simple: can an Argentinian work legally for a foreign (UK) company without the foreign company having a branch or subsidiary in Argentina?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1845
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Phil, the short answer is I really do not know. This is legal stuff.

Common sense says YES. You hire argentine independent contractors and all tax headaches fall on their laps. Once the contract is over, Adios amigo. Any other relationship with argentine workers may imply your company being part of the argentine labor regime. Briefly speaking, having some sort of branch. Or owning the argentine corporation or a majority stake.

(Message edited by admin on March 02, 2009)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration