Question Real Estate transactions ARG Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Investment opportunities in Argentina » Question Real Estate transactions ARG « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jose Cintron
Username: Tony_sin20

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there I have a question in regards to the $1000.00 reserva you make for the property. If I back out after giving the money but before the boleto is made . do I lose this money?

Apartmentsba.com
Intermediate Member
Username: Saint

Post Number: 178

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 7:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jose,

Yes, you will lose the reserva if the seller accepted your offer and you had a mututaly agreed upon purchase price. There are a few ways you can possibly get out of it still that I have noticed.

On MANY properties the owners will only sell it if you agree to list a false and lower price on the title deed. So if you are trying to back out as you changed your mind you can verify that they will list 100% of the price on the title deed. If they say NO then you can tell them you want to back out as that is illegal and you definitely want to list 100% on the title deed. They will have to give you back your money.

Another thing to remind them is to tell them they must split the stamp taxes (if applicable) which is another 1.25% to them. Many owners want the buyers to pay for all of it but more times than not I negotiate for the seller to split this tax with me. If the reserva doesn't say anything about this tax, they are legally obligated to split it with you. So mention that and they might want to back out as well.

Also, something helpful is to ALWAYS make an offer conditional on it passing an architect's inspection and the condo rules not prohibiting short-term apartment rentals.

Try these things above. Typically the 100% thing works as most locals I found are serial tax evaders. Good luck.

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 413

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

serial tax evaders

that is good

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration