IT Programmer and Project Manager Sal... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Investment opportunities in Argentina » IT Programmer and Project Manager Salaries « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eric Northam
Username: Enortham

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone have any up to date resources on programmer, particularly java programmer or project manager, salaries and or bonuses in Buenos Aires? I would like to know how much junior (roughly less than two years), mid (two to four years), or senior (four plus years) programmers make and how salaries and bonuses increased over the past few years. Even if you could just pass on what you or a friend makes and their experience level it would help me out a lot. I’m hoping to hire a few engineers in the future and want to update my business plan to reflect recent salaries.

Thanks,

Eric

Carmen Stigliano
Username: Carmen

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 6:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Look what I found on the internet:

Los sueldos del mercado

Jefe de Desarrollo (en empresas grandes solamente) De $7000 a $ 9000.

Administrador de Sistemas Senior (es muy amplio por la diversidad de aplicaciones) De $ 5000 a $ 9000

Administrador de base de datos full time Senior De $ 5000 a $ 6500.

Líder de Proyecto (Varia sustancialmente para determinadas empresas y aplicativos) De $4500 a 6000 (excluyendo los líderes de proyectos SAP, que manejan valores superiores).

Analistas Funcionales De $ 3000 a $ 4500
Programador Java Jr 1600 a 2000 S/Sr 2500 a 3500
Sr 3800 a 5000.

Programador .Net Jr $1600 a $ 2000
S/Sr $2500 a $3500
Sr $3500 a $ 4500.

Programador Abap Jr $1800 a $2500
S/Sr $ 3000 a $3500
Sr $4000 a $5500

Source: UniversoBIT

Note: It is not common for an Argentine Company pay "bonus" to its employes. I used to work in Merrill Lynch here in BA and we used to recieve bonus. Here we have "aguinaldo" which is an extra salary divided in two payments, one 1st July and the other one in December before Christmass.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 910
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A sr java programmer up to usd $1700/month?? That would be approx usd 10/hr...

Carmen, I checked the source but couldn't find the stats or dates although the site looks up to date. Can you tell if this current? I was under the impression salaries would be higher by now.

Eric Northam

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I found this page online recently http://www.exponline-empleos.com.ar/mail_expo_sala IT2.htm. The estimates appear to support Carmen's post. I also searched through some job posts and found the salaries to be a bit higher but I don't know if people are actually being offerred those.

Another interesting link is http://www.certmag.com/images/CM1206_salSurveyFig6 .jpg that shows the average of all IT salaries split by country. Unfortunately it's not broken down by job type.

Wizo
Username: Wizo

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 5:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My understanding is that the actual costs to the employer could be as much as 50% higher than the salaries due to high hidden costs such as social security / pension provisions, the aguinaldo, insurance, and more. It would be great if someone in the know could clarify this.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 921
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not an expert on this and have been away from Argentina enough not to know the present state of things, but the provisions are a true cost as -if nothing has changed- the greatest financial burden for any employer is the 'firing' of any of its employees as lawsuits are lost in almost all cases. Opposite to the US, labor law in Argentina favors employees. I even believe that as recently as last year some new regulations were passed where employers will have to thoroughly justify the internal movement of their people inside the company, like from dpt. to dpt. and that employees could even refuse any transfer or move. The reasoning behind -I think- was to prevent employers from creating demoralizing experiences to employees they wanted to fire, like pushing them to the corner office and filling up their desks with nasty work in an attempt to have them quit.

Like Wizo said, if anyone is thinking on hiring employees on site be *very* aware of labor regulations. Can't stress this enough. And am adding, the good lawyers and good accountants down there can always find small loopholes and such.

(Message edited by admin on January 05, 2007)

Eric Northam

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto, I had heard that the government is very much pro worker but wasn't sure in what ways. Thanks for giving me some clarification. I think that if you higher workers on a contract basis you can avoid your exposure somewhat.

Wizo, the employer pays 23% of wages on payroll taxes. After AR$4,800, the employer no longer needs to pay social security, which I believe is close to 12% of that 23%. Check out http://www.inversiones.gov.ar/documentos/labor_eng .pdf for more details.

Eric

Eric Northam

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I may be wrong regarding about what needs to be paid after AR$4800. It might be the whole 23% that is considered social security. Another good source for tax information is http://www.doingbusiness.org/ExploreTopics/PayingT axes/Details.aspx?economyid=9

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration