First--last?--time in Argentina: Gett... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » First--last?--time in Argentina: Getting it right « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mona Manuel
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My husband and I, both Canadians, are planning on visiting Argentina in late May-mid June. We are *hoping* to spend 3 weeks travelling and taking in as much as possible.

Gosh! It all sounds so wonderful, but I know we can't see the entire country in that amount of time.

I am looking forward to visiting the region around Bariloche/San Martin de los Andes, as I simply go ga-ga over mountains. And, it seems like you could make an entire trip just out of visiting BA.

I realize the weather won't be ideal to visit the glaciers in June, but it seems a shame to travel all the way from Canada and not hit up the areas around Ushuaia. (Then again, I'm sure there are glaciers up north of here.)

The falls sound wonderful, and more particularly the jungle area surrounding them. But as someone else mentioned here, if you've seen Niagara, are the Iguazu Falls a must?

Okay, enough! Knowing your country as you do, what do you think are the *must* regions for a three-week visit for someone who may never make it back again?

Thanks for the input and insight. Looking forward to visiting in June!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 357
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mona, welcome!

First, you may have to register to keep posting. As much as I hate getting on the way we temporarily had to set up registration to prevent some nasty spamming.

Unto the topic: surprisingly, 3 weeks might be all you need to cover a good chunk. The average tourist does not need to stay more than 3 nights in Calafate to see the glaciers and 2 nights in Ushuaia to see the national park unless there are personal reasons to do so. A thorough visit to Bariloche may take up to a week, specially if you like mountains and want to explore nearby towns like San Martin de los Andes or Villa La Angostura. You still have plenty of time for BA and perhaps a short escapade to Iguazu. By the way, Iguazu falls are quite different than the Niagara's and you will not regret visiting them.

Being from Canada I doubt the weather will be much of a problem. Not even Ushuaia may get as cold as some regions of Canada since it is surrounded by mountains and close to water. Your most important concern should be bad weather that may not permit excursions, more so than cold temperatures.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration